Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Insiders say TPOTC getting a BP nod is unthinkable. 
Extraordinary

Hollywood had no problem nominating The Last Temptation Of Christ for an Oscar or two even though it offended many Christians, but I guess somehow that's different. :roll:

Passion was nowhere near as well reviewed as Temptation. Passion was an experience for people who were inclined to like that sort of thing, but for an objective viewer, it was just one long expensive snuff movie.

F 9/11 should not be nominated either for Best Picture. Best Pictures should go to films that will stand the test of time. F 9/11 is well made but it's too topical. It's not something people will want to watch 40 years from now except as a historical oddity, like watching old newsreels from World War 2.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

I've never even seen TPOTC!

Don't know if I would ever

want to! :?

Well if you can handle what it's about, then I would recommend it. It's very well made, or at least I thought so.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:09 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

The Passion of the Christ is very well made, and that's all I could say about it other than the cast is good. :P I don't really care if it gets a Best Picture nod or not but I personally wouldn't like to see it get one.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:48 pm
Top Poster

It is not surprising that both these movie's Oscar chances are just as underestimated as their box office was before their openings.

People who love The Passion of the Christ usually express their enthusaism mostly with similar minded people. Because this group likes to keep to themselves, people who are against this movie underestimate the sheer size and reach of its supporters.

People who are dismissing Fahrenheit 9/11 are forgetting that this movie will unquestionably have the heaviest Oscar campaign of any movie released this year. And let's not forget the ballots will be due around the same time as the State of the Address Union, so media coverage of the presidency will be newly refreshed.

Remember it is not quality level but hype that determines the Oscar nominations, particularly at the Best Picture level where voters across all branches get to cast a ballot.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2