Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 You Think The Oscar's This Year Will Be A BUST??? 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post You Think The Oscar's This Year Will Be A BUST???
I mean, when you sit back and really look at THE BIG PICTURE here, it seems there really isn't one standout film that everyone's talking about like in previous years and I can't help but to think the Oscars this year will have to rely on Chris Rock to bring in the Ratings... I mean, in the last 3 years, we had the much overrated and very boring LOTR Films to contend with, but now?? There just doesn't seem to be really anything that's grabbing people.. At least the way I'm seeing this, there just isn't a wide list of stuff to consider this time out and could spell disaster in terms of reeling in the Younger Audience for ratings like it had last year.. Maybe there relying on Chris Rock to bring in that young demographic this time out??? :-k True or False??? :-k

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Million Dollar Baby was just released wide on friday, and it's got a lot of people talking about it. It's the film to beat, in that regard, because I didn't see much talk going on about the other movies when they were released. Foxx was talked about, but I got the feeling Ray was a mixed bag.

I've already seen commercials for this year's Oscars , with Chris Rock as the "star" of them, so it's pretty obcvious that they are trying to build it up around him.

The Golden Globes were a rating disappointment, but that was because they had a retard in charge of scheduling it, and went up against football and Desperate Housewives.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:54 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Million Dollar Baby was just released wide on friday, and it's got a lot of people talking about it. It's the film to beat, in that regard, because I didn't see much talk going on about the other movies when they were released. Foxx was talked about, but I got the feeling Ray was a mixed bag.

I've already seen commercials for this year's Oscars , with Chris Rock as the "star" of them, so it's pretty obcvious that they are trying to build it up around him.

The Golden Globes were a rating disappointment, but that was because they had a retard in charge of scheduling it, and went up against football and Desperate Housewives.

It seems like more of the talk about Million Dollar Baby is surrounding dumbass controversy that makes me wonder whether this film will be hurt by all this bullshit Rhetoric that folks like Rush Limbaugh or Debbie Schlussel keep harping on about the ending.. I mean seriously, can you believe that folks are making this big of an issue out of the ending??? Is it attributed to boredom you think??? :-k

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

You know ever since the nominations were released I came to a realization, finally, that this will be quite a dull Oscar.

Despite all the great doversity and uncertainness at the beginning of the race, the winners now are more obvious than any other year before that I have watched the Oscars and that is why I actually haven't been posting to my full potential in this forum. I almost don't care anymore and that pisses me off cuz I want to.

If Before Sunset wins Best Screenplay, Kate Winslet wins Best Actress, and either Clint Eastwood wins for Director or Picture, I'll take it back and say it was a great Oscar year. But if none of those happen, and it probably won't, then I will be thoroughly disappointed.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]