Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 am



Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Best Cinematography - Hoyte vs. Deakins 
Author Message
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 55211
Location: The District
Post Best Cinematography - Hoyte vs. Deakins
Image

Image


there could be others but I'm rooting for these two.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:37 pm
Profile
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 55211
Location: The District
Post Re: Best Cinematography - Hoyte vs. Deakins
Deakins probably will win this given the sentimental value but man...Hoyte fucking killed it.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 am
Profile
now we know
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 pm
Posts: 57261
Post Re: Best Cinematography - Hoyte vs. Deakins
Yeah, Deakins will win this by a mile ... if it's just between those two, which I don't believe it will be.


Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:32 am
Profile
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 55211
Location: The District
Post Re: Best Cinematography - Hoyte vs. Deakins
Deakins should win even though Hoyte work is impeccable.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:29 pm
Profile
Defeats all expectations
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 5013
Post Re: Best Cinematography - Hoyte vs. Deakins
Matthew Libatique's camera work in mother! is intimate and intense and really elevates the film. He deserves a win at this point.


Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:36 pm
Profile
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Posts: 55211
Location: The District
Post Re: Best Cinematography - Hoyte vs. Deakins
This is gonna be a tough one.

In terms of grading each of their work on their respective films, it's tough to choose. Deakins has better still shots but Hoyte camera movement is all time good. In terms of "lifetime respect", Deakins clearly has a big advantage. But...Dunkirk is a much stronger overall award contender and that helps.

I'll say 60% chance Deakins wins, 35% Hoyte wins, and 5% the Academy is retarded and doesn't give it to either.

_________________
MadGez wrote:
Listen to Magnus he knows his shit.
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.


Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.