Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Lost World: Jurassic Park 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
B 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
C 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
F 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 20

The Lost World: Jurassic Park 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Not as good as the first film, but still a lot of fun. B+

Thu May 15, 2008 11:43 am
Profile YIM
loyalfromlondon

All hope is lost when the T-Rex is unleashed on San Diego.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:30 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

trixster wrote:
All hope is lost when the T-Rex is unleashed on San Diego.

Seriously, if they would've cut this entire scene out of the movie and ended it on the island, it would've been ALOT better.. I'm able to suspend a little disbelief when watching movies, but this scene was a hard one for me to do.. Also, throw in the scene with the gymnastic crap with the kid kicking the 500LB Raptor off the roof through the wndow if I'm not mistaken.. :roll:

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Barrabás wrote:
I don't get why people complain about small details. Its a popcorn movie, just like the first. If you go along with the ride, you'll have a great time. The action and effects in this film are so good they make up for any lack of characterization and plot simplicity. And this film has something that several blockbusters lack nowadays: tension. There are some moments where you don't know if the characters will make it through. Its really really fun, I actually found it on par with the first movie.

A-

What a hackjob of excuses.

It's called a script and this film didn't have one.

You didn't know characters would make it through? They are never going to kill a child in a film like this, and they certainly aren't going to kill Jeff Goldblum or his girlfriend. Suspense? Fuck off.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Rewatched this last night and one thing stuck out to me.

The original made unfathomable amounts of money in merchandising. Here, it was so obvious they were just putting things into the script to sell toys. The InGen teams absurd contraptions for trapping the dinosaurs, the mega trailer, all these things were just over the top. While JURASSIC PARK is quietly very subtle in so many ways, this was the opposite.

Vince Vaughn is very good & I totally forgot he was in this. Julianne Moore is typical. Goldblums character is in general a "less is more" guy, so making him the lead was an odd choice. I lol'd at the scene where Goldblum is revealed to not know hi girlfriend has been an island for 3 days. Wow they mst be so close /sarcasm.

Easily my favorite scene was the bus smashing into blockbuster, which has the following posters on display:

There is a "TOM HANKS in TSUNAMI SUNRISE" poster showing Hanks as a police men surfing on a tidal wave.

Sums up the whole movie. While the original is a work of art, this one is more of a joke. A rare miss for Spielberg. The annoying little girl was the most convincing of all the characters.

Trumbo - the safari hunter - was easily my favorite character btw.

C.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:36 pm
now we know

Yeah, that shot is excellent. Excellent film, that's why.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:58 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

It's not that the film is bad, it's still pretty entertaining, the biggest thing is the film is just pieced together from a series of leftovers of the first film, other films, and Chrichton's source material is severely lacking. By that time, they had less then a year to develop a solid story. Malcolm high morphine half the film would have been an unbearable Goldblum. The action and set pieces were fine, and the actors are better than the script, but the characterizations and overall story is about as cliche as you get.

C+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:23 pm
Superfreak

Thegun wrote:
It's not that the film is bad, it's still pretty entertaining, the biggest thing is the film is just pieced together from a series of leftovers of the first film, other films, and Chrichton's source material is severely lacking. By that time, they had less then a year to develop a solid story. Malcolm high morphine half the film would have been an unbearable Goldblum. The action and set pieces were fine, and the actors are better than the script, but the characterizations and overall story is about as cliche as you get.

C+

Pretty much agree entirely. It is good enough, but the story certainly thrown together. They probably would have been better going with a slew of new characters, outside of Hammond. There is no way on Earth Malcom would ever return.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 pm
Superfreak

Also, found it very amusing how the T-Rex's presence was unmissable in the first one (ground shaking, water puddles moving, etc), but in this one it just sneaks upon people left and right,

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 pm
Forum General

Ive been watching this along with JP3 on tv for a while now, eventhough I own both on VHS and my feelings about this movie haven't changed a bit. I loved it even more than the first as a kid and I still slightly prefer it to JP. The dark/grimy atmosphere is great and I love the set pieces, especially the trailers going over the cliff scene. The dino effects are also much better in this movie IMO. Overall, the film is very entertaining and I really enjoy the supporting characters played by Pete Postlethwaite, Peter Stomare, and Vince Vaughn. Unfortunately, Goldblum isn't as well used as the first movie and he's even kinda boring as the lead, but he still has some funny lines here and there. Julianne Moore is just there, but she isn't annoying and Richard Schiff's somewhat sacrificial death still gets me to this day.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:16 pm
Superfreak

Excel wrote:
Also, found it very amusing how the T-Rex's presence was unmissable in the first one (ground shaking, water puddles moving, etc), but in this one it just sneaks upon people left and right,

Still the most ridiculous thing. The part he randomly appears by the tent ?

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:26 am
Extraordinary

This is a film that I thought was pretty okay as a kid, but I saw it a few weeks ago at a Jurassic Park marathon and I just couldn't wait for it to end. Too long, boring characters, incredibly evident that nobody involved with the film actually wanted to make it... the T-Rex stomping through San Diego is the only time The Lost World feels like it has a pulse.

C-

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:15 am
Hold the door!

This takes the cake for me as the most disappointing sequel ever. There is not one fresh idea in this movie. Just more of the same from the last movie. The part in San Diego is just ridiculously dumb.

D

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:09 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Very forgettable. I recall being disappointed when I saw this on a theatre. But I'm curious to see it again.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:00 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

After the original movie this feels very repetitive in nature specially the first half and the final act with dinosaurs in the city is done to generate cheap horror effects instead of exploring better themes. T-Rex is overexposed here as well as if they forgot to add anymore dinosaurs in the movie.

Tue May 26, 2020 1:24 am
Hold the door!

I tried to rewatch this twice to prepare for the new film, but it is BORING with the exception of a few setpieces. Gotta be Spielbergs worst film. Indy 4 was far better than this

Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:09 am
Romosexual!

soagg wrote:
After the original movie this feels very repetitive in nature specially the first half and the final act with dinosaurs in the city is done to generate cheap horror effects instead of exploring better themes. T-Rex is overexposed here as well as if they forgot to add anymore dinosaurs in the movie.

I LOVED THAT PART :D my favorite of the movie. If only the rest of the movie was as good as that.

Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:17 am
Forum General

Probably seeing Dominion Wednesday. Here's my ranking of the franchise...

Jurassic Park - These 2 are very close for me in entertainment value. Original gets the nod for nostalgia and being the first, but I really enjoy both.
Jurassic World

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - best kid actor/role in the series, the only one that isn't super annoying. It's a meh movie really, but falls in between the great and the bad.

Lost World: Jurassic Park - Can't believe this is a Spielberg directed movie. Bad adaptation of the book, characters don't fit, actors don't fit, cuts from the book that would have made it better. What was good? Raptor attack in the grass, T-Rex trashing the city, the hunter. The worst - gymnastics. Seriously?

Jurassic World III - this is awful. Tea Leoni and William H. Macy are terrible. The writing is terrible. Grant's assistant is a terrible character and actor. The raptor sound box is stupid. The ending is ridiculous. I guess the first instance of flying creatures is the best part? Just really bad.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2