Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Beekeeper 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Beekeeper 
Keeping it Light

Post The Beekeeper

Quote:
The Beekeeper is a 2024 American action thriller film directed by David Ayer and written by Kurt Wimmer. The film stars Jason Statham, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Josh Hutcherson, Bobby Naderi, Minnie Driver, Phylicia Rashad and Jeremy Irons.

The Beekeeper was released in the United States by Amazon MGM Studios on January 12, 2024.

Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:14 pm
Keeping it Light

Post Re: The Beekeeper
Having seen my fair share of action films this one doesn't reinvent anything new, in fact I feel it's somewhat of a John Wick and Commando clone, combining elements of both films. Those are great films, so if done right it's still not a bad start for this, but it's far from reaching the level of those. I think it does well though to stay above the fray of bad action films that have come out the last years, for one it has a pretty decent budget it feels like which I think they spend well on the cast and action set pieces. There's some nice kills in it and Statham is good in the role as vigilante hitman/ soldier. The plot itself is fine, but the execution is a bit thin, things happen all a bit it too easily, as they pretty much only seem intent in putting Statham from situation to situation against the baddies. I also hoped for a bit more of a prophetic ending and the FBI agents are kind of lame too. But I really enjoyed Jeremy Irons and Minnie Driver in this, and Hutcherson plays his part well too. The female beekeeper was a big disappointment, but in all, for a sit back and just enjoy the show, I find it a satisfying and entertaining experience.

B

Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:59 pm
The Kramer

I liked the action. I like Statham as the old man action hero coming out of retirement, I like Zazie Beats and Jeremy Irons as conflicted antagonists. The world building leaves a lot to be desired though. It starts off very John Wicky with this hidden world of assassins, but then kind of transitions into something like Sound of Freedom as our villain is revealed to be Hunter Biden and our hero takes it upon himself to personally dispense justice. Pick one or the other and run with it.

I'll give it a 7/10 and would recommend to action fans.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:35 pm
Extraordinary

Er that wasn't Zazie Beetz lol

The movie didn't really work for me. I like Statham so I generally enjoy watching his movies but idk.

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:32 pm
The Kramer

publicenemy#1 wrote:
Er that wasn't Zazie Beetz lol

The movie didn't really work for me. I like Statham so I generally enjoy watching his movies but idk.
Oops. :whistle:

Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]