Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Anyone but You 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Anyone but You 
now we know

Post Anyone but You

Quote:
Anyone but You is an American romantic comedy film directed by Will Gluck, from a screenplay he co-wrote with Ilana Wolpert. The film stars Sydney Sweeney, Glen Powell, Alexandra Shipp, GaTa, Hadley Robinson, Michelle Hurd, Dermot Mulroney, Darren Barnet, and Rachel Griffiths.

Anyone but You was released in the United States on December 22, 2023, by Sony Pictures Releasing.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Anyone but You
The chemistry between the leads is good. Its a pretty average romcom overall though, wish it was more zanier.

Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:59 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: Anyone but You
Enjoyed this one more than I thought i would. Sidney really does feel like a huge breakout star here, being an impossibly gorgeous model while also a dorky girl next door. Major Julia Roberts and Jennifer Aniston vibes. Perfect for this genre. Powell is also great here, but he's been on a role lately and didn't need to prove anything. I figured the chemistry of the two leads would carry this, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered watching, but they both above and beyond. And the movie is actually pretty funny too. No, not in the times where it has zany hijinks, those are pretty basic, but there are just a bunch of great one-liners, ala a Tina Fey production. My favorite was the old Australian guy who kept saying things like "when I liked a girl, I would sneak up behind her, cut off a lock of her hair and then smack her on the bum!"

I'll give Anyone But You a 7.9/10. Another winner for the year 2023.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]