Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Nobody 

Rate this film:
A 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Nobody 
Keeping it Light

Post Nobody

Quote:
Nobody is a 2021 American action thriller film directed by Ilya Naishuller and written by Derek Kolstad. The film stars Bob Odenkirk, Connie Nielsen, Aleksei Serebryakov, RZA, Michael Ironside, Colin Salmon, and Christopher Lloyd, and follows a man who, while following clues regarding his recent home invasion, helps an underaged girl being harassed by a group of men, only to become the target of a vengeful drug lord. Odenkirk and David Leitch are among the film's producers.

Nobody was theatrically released in the United States on March 26, 2021, by Universal Pictures.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:48 am
Forum General

Post Re: Nobody
I really enjoyed this. I'd at least put it on par with the first two John Wick films which is definitely high praise coming from me, but it also manages to be quite different from those films which is something I wasn't expecting either. Bob Odenkirk is just great in this as the lead and I loved his scenes with Christopher Lloyd, especially once it got to the third act.

The action sequences in this are very well done, but damn that third act is what really delivered IMO. The villians aren't anything special though, but if your watching this for the action you should be pretty satisfied with it.

B+

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:18 pm
Keeping it Light

I thought this was excellent too. Odenkirk is perfect, it's a very slick and compact revenge action film. The film isn't novel, it has shades of Wick, Taken and The Equalizer, but Kolstad and Naishuller form a great duo of writer and director to make this into something creative in itself still. Big fan of what they did here and hope for a sequel.

A-

Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:05 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Odenkirk proves he can do any type of role with this movie. He is brilliant in this and it works really well because of him. I felt this was pretty much a different version of Wick but with better cast and family angle that gives it the edge. The villians though were never menacing so maybe for the sequel (which I really hope it gets) they can improve on that aspect.

A-

Tue May 18, 2021 3:05 am
Wallflower

I was surprised by just how ordinary this was. It's also pretty cringe at times. I liked it but expected more. Especially with so many comparisons to John Wick. This is nowhere near that good. That being said I'd absolutely watch a sequel.

B-

Tue May 25, 2021 2:11 am
The Kramer

What a great film! Nobody starts off a little rough, and I was afraid it was going to be too corny for my taste with the whole "regaining your lost masculinity" being the core theme. It escalates so quickly that the corniness actually ends up working in its favor. Not only does it provide some killer action scenes, but Nobody is also outright hilarious. I almost died everytime Papa Doc Brown was on screen. And it just keeps getting more bonkers as they go along, leaving reality far behind as we embrace super badass Bob Odenkirk.

Is it better than John Wick? No. Is it the best non-franchised action movie since the original Wick back in 2014? Yes.

A

Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]