Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Enola Holmes 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Enola Holmes 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Enola Holmes
Quote:
Enola Holmes is a 2020 British-American mystery based on the book series of the same name by Nancy Springer. The film, which centres upon the teenage sister of an already-famous Sherlock Holmes, is directed by Harry Bradbeer and written by Jack Thorne. Millie Bobby Brown stars as the title character, while also serving as a producer on the film. Henry Cavill, Sam Claflin, Adeel Akhtar, Fiona Shaw, Frances de la Tour, Louis Partridge, Susie Wokoma and Helena Bonham Carter appear in supporting roles.

Enola Holmes was released on September 23, 2020 by Netflix. The film received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised Brown's performance.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:37 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Enola Holmes
This was really colorful and fun! Great performances and set pieces. Millie Bobby Brown was super charming and reminded me of a young Keira Knightley. I could definitely see this becoming a franchise. B+

Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:32 am
Profile YIM
Forum General

I also had a really good time with this. Millie, Cavill and Claflin were all great in it IMO and it just has an overall fun, energetic energy to it throughout. The set pieces and the bits of action we do get is really well done too, but they needed to slim down Cavill a bit more though, because he looked absolutely massive in this as Sherlock Holmes and it was really noticeable with him trying not to bust out of that tiny suit he was wearing.

B

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:59 am
100% That Bitch

A-
Loved it

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:30 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This was fun and delightful thanks to Millie's performance in this. CAvill and Claflin are also great here but they have very limited screen time. The mystery in itself wasn't that interesting and the switch into second half wasn't earned but overall it ties things nicely together. I ended up re-watching it with my family as well.

B+

Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:30 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yeah this is fun and Millie is a revelation here. Light romp with beautiful visuals and set pieces. I hope they make more of these.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]