Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

KJ's Leading Idiot

Post 1900
Quote:
1900 (Italian: Novecento, "Twentieth Century") is a 1976 epic historical drama film directed by Bernardo Bertolucci and featuring an international ensemble cast including Robert De Niro, Gérard Depardieu, Dominique Sanda, Francesca Bertini, Laura Betti, Stefania Casini, Ellen Schwiers, Sterling Hayden, Alida Valli, Romolo Valli, Stefania Sandrelli, Donald Sutherland, and Burt Lancaster. Set in Bertolucci's ancestral region of Emilia, the film chronicles the lives and friendship of two men – the landowning Alfredo Berlinghieri (De Niro) and the peasant Olmo Dalcò (Depardieu) – as they witness and participate in the political conflicts between fascism and communism that took place in Italy in the first half of the 20th century. The film premiered out of competition at the 1976 Cannes Film Festival.
With a runtime of 317 minutes in its original version, 1900 is known for being one of the longest commercially released films ever made. Its great length led to its being presented in two parts when originally released in many countries, including Italy, East and West Germany, Denmark, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Colombia, Pakistan and Japan. In other countries, such as the United States, a single edited-down version of the film was released. 1900 has become widely regarded as a cult classic, and has received several special edition home video releases from a variety of distributors. A restoration of the film premiered out of competition at the 74th Venice International Film Festival in 2017.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:58 pm
Veteran

Post Re: 1900
Epic and sprawling movie. Great performances by Deniro and Depardieu. I’m not afraid of lengthy runtimes but this film was too long for my taste.

I was blind, but now I see.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]