Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Beach House (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Beach House (2020) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Beach House (2020)
Quote:
The Beach House is a 2019 American horror film written and directed by Jeffrey A. Brown in his directorial debut. It stars Liana Liberato and Noah Le Gros as a college-aged couple who take a vacation to a beach house, where they meet an older couple (Maryann Nagel and Jake Weber) and are threatened by a mysterious infection that spreads across the coast.

The Beach House had its world premiere at the Strasbourg European Fantastic Film Festival in September 2019. The film was made available for streaming on Shudder on July 9, 2020.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:25 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Beach House (2020)
This was cheap production from the get go so I didn't expect much but then the concept kicks in and it gets absurd every minute. The director does keep things interesting for a while in the second half but the movie never lifts off

Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:37 am
Forum General

Post Re: The Beach House (2020)
This movie took a while to get going, but once it did I honestly really started to enjoy it. It might sound a bit bias, but this is kind of what I wanted out of Sea Fever, but never got. I just loved how atmospheric and eerie the second half of this film was and I thought the score made the whole situation even scarier despite the fact that it is pretty ridiculous when you really think about it. The performances weren't bad though and it had enough effective creepy moments to hold my interest, although I would have like more body horror elements and the ending could have been better.

B-

Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]