Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Vivarium 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Vivarium 
Keeping it Light

Post Vivarium

Quote:
Vivarium is a 2019 science fiction thriller film directed by Lorcan Finnegan, from a story by Finnegan and Garret Shanley. An international co-production between Ireland, Denmark and Belgium, the film stars Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg.

The film had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on 18 May 2019. It was released in Ireland on 27 March 2020 by Vertigo Releasing.

Wed May 13, 2020 1:31 am
Forum General

Post Re: Vivarium
I really enjoyed the first two acts of this, but that third act went completely off the rails and I just didn't like the ending at all. Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg give solid performances though and there are some effectively creepy moments with the kid, but it kind of fell apart for me towards the end.

The dark comedy/satire in this movie is pretty well done too.

C+

Wed May 13, 2020 1:52 am
Keeping it Light

I thought it was pretty good throughout it all, excellent performances from Poots and Eisenberg and it's just damn eerie. It's the kind of sci-fi horror that felt right up my alley, figuring out where it was all going to go. Not visually scary, but just the thought of essentially being trapped, it evokes it well and I thought they did a really good job with this. Towards the end, they pushed a bit too much on the delirium factor, with Poots character going through several layers of world without adding much to the whole thing. But I liked how it concluded eventually, coming full circle with whatever crazy f'd up thing is being run by whoever or whatever controls it.

B+

Sun May 17, 2020 12:54 am
We had our time together

I agree with Dil, the first two acts were actually pretty great and made me feel uncomfortable as hell but act three just couldn't deliver at all. It's like they had this great story in mind with no idea how to end it.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:12 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

This was so great to begin with but ends with a thud. I just wished they would have explored a little more of them trying to get out, they went with it when Poots gets to chase down from the sewers and enter into another house but then they duck out. Eisenberg adds nothing here other than literally digging his own grave. Both Poots and Eisenberg are really great in this and you feel the agony of these characters. I wish the ending landed here but I still loved the concept and acting which made this better than average.

B

Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]