Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Call of the Wild (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Call of the Wild (2020) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Call of the Wild (2020)

Quote:
The Call of the Wild is a 2020 American adventure film based on the Jack London 1903 novel of the same name and Twentieth Century Pictures' previous 1935 film adaptation. The film is directed by Chris Sanders, in his live-action directorial debut, written by Michael Green, and stars Harrison Ford, Dan Stevens, Omar Sy, Karen Gillan, Bradley Whitford, and Colin Woodell. Set in the 1890s Klondike Gold Rush, a dog named Buck is stolen from his home in California and sent to Canada, where he befriends an old man and begins a life-altering adventure.

The film is scheduled to be released on February 21, 2020 by 20th Century Studios. It received mixed reviews from critics, with some criticizing the CGI animals as uncanny, though others praised the "entertaining action and earnest tone".

Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:42 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: The Call of the Wild (2020)
The CGI dog almost kept me away from this one but solid reviews convinced me to give it a shot. The dog is distracting at first but after probably 10 minutes I got over it. Movie was surprisingly really entertaining. A little cheesy at times but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. I thought Ford was really good. Dan Stevens though was bloody awful.

B+

Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:45 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Call of the Wild (2020)
The CGI dog does take time to get adjusted (though somehow my wife and daughter thought it was live dog). The movie is fast paced thrill ride with loads of action as promised in the trailer. Sanders builds the scenes well before with the narration. Ford is not present in the first half but he is VERY good in this. I really don't understand why Stevens picked up this role specially when he this bad here. The finale is heartfelt as you would expect from a dog movie. One of really good dog movies in the past year(s) and we've had a few last year.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]