Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Next Goal Wins 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Next Goal Wins 
now we know

Post Next Goal Wins

Quote:
Next Goal Wins is a 2023 American biographical sports comedy-drama film directed by Taika Waititi, who co-wrote the screenplay with Iain Morris. It is based on the 2014 documentary of the same name by Mike Brett and Steve Jamison about Dutch-American coach Thomas Rongen's efforts to lead the American Samoa national football team, considered one of the weakest football teams in the world, to qualification for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The film stars Michael Fassbender as Rongen, alongside Oscar Kightley, Kaimana, David Fane, Rachel House, Beulah Koale, Will Arnett, and Elisabeth Moss.

Next Goal Wins premiered at the 2023 Toronto International Film Festival, prior to its theatrical release on November 17, 2023, by Searchlight Pictures.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:18 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Next Goal Wins
I'm surprised at low ratings though i can see why. This does not play like a straight up sports comedy and it need possibily and few more scenes with emotional relevance and characters warming up to each other and montage to show them growing as a team. They rightly start off so poorly as players there is no natural growth shown other than Fassbender's character which you can pick from his scene one. The comedy is a hit and miss but where it hits is lol worthy there are tons of one liners in here that also takes away from the story.

6/10 Solid B

Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:11 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Next Goal Wins
I thought this was pretty charming, I don't really get the negativity towards it either.

Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]