Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 47 Meters Down: Uncaged 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

47 Meters Down: Uncaged 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post 47 Meters Down: Uncaged

Quote:
47 Meters Down: Uncaged is a 2019 survival horror film directed by Johannes Roberts and written by Ernest Riera.[1] The sequel to 47 Meters Down (2017), the film stars Sophie Nélisse, Corinne Foxx, Brianne Tju, Sistine Stallone, Davi Santos, Khylin Rhambo, Brec Bassinger, John Corbett, and Nia Long. The plot follows a group of girls who scuba dive to a sunken Mayan city, only to be trapped by a group of hunting sharks. The film was released in the United States on August 16, 2019, by Entertainment Studios

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:02 am
Forum General

Post Re: 47 Meters Down: Uncaged
Well this was somewhat of a nice surprise. I thought the trailers for this looked pretty awful and for the first 30 to 40 minutes it was kind of dreadful, but once the sharks finally show up it definitely gets a lot better. These teenage girls were annoying as hell though and the acting/dialogue wasn't very good at all IMO, but man does Johannes Roberts know how to shoot a movie and set up some insanely tense sequences. The guy is definitely talented when it comes to the visuals and the tension, but his writing needs some major work. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first one, but I will admit that this one did have a much better ending at least even if both have very similar finales.

B-

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:31 am
The Kramer

Girl: The alarm we have makes a bunch of noise and scares the sharks off.

Group: *does not turn alarm back on*

Dad: OK I’m gonna make a Samuel L Jackson speech and whups now I’m dead.

Uncaged felt like it began as a ScyFy original, but got slapped with the 47 Meters Down tag shortly before production. So it has all of the ridiculous hoop-jumping to get these characters into the mouth of a shark, but none of the self-awareness that makes those movies funny. Aside from a few quality jump scares, it just doesn’t work despite the very cool underwater haunted house setting.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:21 am
Wallflower

I was entertained and liked it more than the first. The dialogue is bad, the acting isn't great, sharks look terrible... And yet it was pretty enjoyable.

7/10 (B-)

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:45 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I don't like it more than the original but the haunted house underwater setting is great and the scares are great but the shark design is crappy and after the first room the sharks horror is used as a prop. Also while the finale gives the main story a closure they should have stopped after the girls come out of the cave.

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]