Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Toy Story 4 

Grade?
A 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Toy Story 4 
Why is the rum gone???

Post Toy Story 4

Quote:
Toy Story 4 is a 2019 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures. It is the fourth installment in Pixar's Toy Story series, and the sequel to 2010's Toy Story 3. It is directed by Josh Cooley (in his feature directorial debut) from a screenplay by Andrew Stanton (who had co-written the first three films) and Stephany Folsom; the three also conceived the story alongside John Lasseter (director of the first two installments in the franchise), Rashida Jones, Will McCormack, Valerie LaPointe, and Martin Hynes.[2] The film stars the voices of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Tony Hale, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele, Madeleine McGraw, Christina Hendricks, Keanu Reeves, Ally Maki, Jay Hernandez, Lori Alan, and Joan Cusack.

Toy Story 4 premiered on June 11, 2019, in Hollywood, California, and is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on June 21, 2019, in RealD 3D, Dolby Cinema, and IMAX.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:08 am
The Kramer

Post Re: Toy Story 4
Hey I can post without being bombarded by pop up ads again!

Toy Story 4 is a better version of Finding Dory. As in the story never really justifies its own existence, but it is so funny and a Pixar film is always going to have a story full of hearts with characters you want to keep watching. I just wish we got a bit more time with these characters - its mostly the Woody show when it comes to anyone who survived TS3. The new characters are great though. I was dying during two scenes - Birdy and Bunny explaining their plan to get the key and the GI Joe not getting his high five.

One thing I really wish they addressed is, aside from being a parenting metaphor, what is so great about being played with that this sentient species goes through all this nonsense for? The toys have proven they should be free and living among the humans as equals but instead are stuck in this mentally-exhausting cycle of ownership and abandonment. The Toy Story universe needs a Gellart Grindelwald.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:13 am
Romosexual!

They did it again. Pixar is 4 for 4 with this franchise. :D I hope it makes all the money. This is the TRUE END to Woody's story.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:02 am
Is this heaven, or is this hell?

Well they pulled it off, they made a film that deserves every bit to be in the conversation with the first 3. It's both one of the funniest Toy Story films (Forky, Duke, the Bird/Bunny dolls were all great additions) and makes you tear up with Gabby's arc and Woody's ending. Barely a moment is wasted. This feels like a very different Pixar than Incredibles 2 and Finding Dory version, in a good way

Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:01 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was cute and fun, with gorgeous animation, but felt like a major step down from the original trilogy. The third movie destroyed me and I was sobbing at the end, while this had an effective ending there was nowhere near that level of reaction here. Key and Peele were the best parts.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pure Phase

I thought it hit the Pixar sweet spot: effective broad gags with an equal amount of subtle humor; very accessible and inclusive storytelling with an undercurrent of emotional sophistication; and top-flight animation. It pairs nicely with Toy Story 3, too, in the sense the third film functions as a grander-sized finale for the ensemble (including Andy) while this poignantly zeroes in on the end of Woody's hero's journey. I also simply found it more engaging as a film than the third in regard to the plot, the new characters, the settings, etc.

Obligatory list:

1. Toy Story
2. Toy Story 2
3. Toy Story 4
4. Toy Story 3

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:25 pm
Hold the door!

It was pretty good. Definitely below 2 and 3 for me. I need to see it again.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:37 am
Indiana Jones IV

Shack wrote:
Well they pulled it off, they made a film that deserves every bit to be in the conversation with the first 3. It's both one of the funniest Toy Story films (Forky, Duke, the Bird/Bunny dolls were all great additions) and makes you tear up with Gabby's arc and Woody's ending. Barely a moment is wasted. This feels like a very different Pixar than Incredibles 2 and Finding Dory version, in a good way

Loved your video review Shack. Good work. Looking forward to more.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]