Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Poison Rose 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Poison Rose 
now we know

Post The Poison Rose

Quote:
The Poison Rose is a 2019 American crime thriller starring John Travolta and Morgan Freeman. The film was directed by George Gallo, Francesco Cinquemani and Luca Giliberto. It was written by Richard Salvatore, Francesco Cinquemani and Luca Giliberto, based on Salvatore's novel of the same title. The film was released on May 24, 2019 by Lionsgate.

Mon May 27, 2019 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: The Poison Rose
I kind of liked the first hour, there's some nice mood setting and I just enjoy seeing Travolta on screen and it feels a bit better than some of his recent films. There's small roles of other well known actors as well, do the only one of them that seems to be really trying is Brendan Fraser. But then, the story doesn't really go anywhere, it just unfolds without suspense and it feels pointless. In some way it seems slow like a film made in the 60's, not just taking place there as the story does. It's setting doesn't feel authentic enough either, though the picture has a bit of a VHS grainy-ness to it, but any 60's culture, besides perhaps the cars isn't present. So despite a bit more of a higher profile production it's just not able to escape a low quality vibe. I didn't have a bad time with it, but calling it average would be a bit too much of a compliment too.

C-

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]