Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Clovehitch Killer 

Grade?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Clovehitch Killer 
now we know

Post The Clovehitch Killer

Quote:
The Clovehitch Killer is a 2018 thriller directed by Duncan Skiles and written by Christopher Ford. It stars Dylan McDermott, Charlie Plummer, Samantha Mathis, and Madisen Beaty. The film is set in Kentucky and was also shot there. It premiered at LA Film Festival on September 22, 2018, and received a limited theatrical release on November 16, 2018, distributed by IFC Midnight.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

Post Re: The Clovehitch Killer
This was really good. McDermott was damn good.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:08 pm
Forum General

Yep a pretty solid flick. McDermott is really good in this, and from what I can remember I don't think he has ever played a character like this before which makes it even more impressive.

B

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:56 pm
now we know

Everyone is brilliant in this, especially Charlie Plummer. He acts just like a kid would do. His mannerisms and obedience are excellently observed and replayed. And Dylan McDermott is also very good. I don't want to undermine his performance here by mentioning him second. I've never seen him quite like this. He's excellent, but Plummer was the standout. This is a top-notch film, I don't think I've seen a film quite like this before. It's about a good, wholesome Christian family, and their teenage boy suspects his dad is the infamous Clovehitch Killer who stopped killing ten years prior. I particularly loved the Christian aspect here. The values are instilled in the screenplay and thus the characters, and I think it definitely adds to the overall richness and dynamic of this character-led mystery thriller.

It slowly unravels, piece by piece, then it throws some nicely applied editing to keep us wondering until the end. It's nicely shot and is completely removed from any Hollywood production techniques that would normally ruin a suspense movie like this with an annoying score and even more annoying characters. Not here at all. These characters are great and the score, well, I don't even remember that there was a score. It's just a solid no-frills thriller playing on that "next door neighbour" paranoia, but this time it's not next door.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]