Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Avengers: Endgame 

Grade?
A 52%  52%  [ 12 ]
B 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
C 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
D 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 23

Avengers: Endgame 
Superfreak

Post Re: Avengers: Endgame
Also want to note it is amazing what they have done with Thor.

He is both awesome and utterly hilarious. "No no, give me that, you get the little one".

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:07 am
Superfreak

There was an insane amount of energy in my crowd for the "Avengers Assemble Scene" w/ the music. My audience applauded 4 or 5 times during this 3 minute bit. Legit 3/4 the theater joined Black Panther when he screamed, I was worried they were about get out of their seats and charge the screen.

Huge props to Silvestri for what has become one the classic movie themes.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:23 am
Extraordinary

So, question

Spoiler: show
how did Captain America that stayed with Peggy end up in the "current" timeline? They mention that if you go back and change something you create an alternate reality so how did old Cap get back there?

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:30 am
Superfreak

publicenemy#1 wrote:
So, question

how did Captain America that stayed with Peggy end up in the "current" timeline? They mention that if you go back and change something you create an alternate reality so how did old Cap get back there?

It is what it is, but:

Time travel rules here are all over the place. They say it isn't like terminator but then it is exactly like Terminator w/ this scene. However, same rule would mean killing 2014's Thanos - as they do - undoes all of Infinity War...

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:58 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Before Hulk took the time Stone, they explained that as long as they put the stones back right where they took them, there would be no splitting.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:59 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

but yeah, even if the timeline didn't split, 2014 Thanos coming to the future completely changes Infinity War. So technically Loki and Gamora shouldn't be dead.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:01 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

ANYWAY! It was great. Not the best MCU film, but so so great. Probably top 3. Some fantastic singular moments, and more well put together than IW.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:03 am
now we know

Infinity War is far superior to Endgame. The old time-travel gimmick is a huge cop-out, and they didn't even kill many characters. Just two. Iron Man and some girl that they've pretty much ignored for 20 movies anyway but tried to make us give a shit here. It was nice to see the film. It didn't feel like three hours at all. I was invested for the entire time. It was just deflating that it didn't end in a big battle where their collective strength overpowers Thanos. The only thing different this time is that Stark sacrifices himself to win. Captain Marvel does pretty much fuck-all, so all of her build up felt like a red herring. That scene where the women line up was embarrassingly lame. Fat Thor was cool and funny, but this film should've been way more epic, and his comedic touch contributed to it not being the epic conclusion it should have been.

The time-travel scenes were well shot and organized, but it all feels a bit too fun and not high-stakes enough. Definitely not in the same league as Days of Future Past as far as time-travel goes. I actually thought the best scene was the final scene with Evans looking like Robert Redford. Great CG and/or prosthetics, and also a nice sort-of full circle note to end on for his character. The film takes us on a nice journey of the previous MCU films too, but then it culminates in a short battle and it's all over, and the battle is not too dissimilar to IW. I expected more.

B

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

I would say since Civil War they have slightly hinted at it. Peggy never said her husband's name, Steve only had an awkward kiss with his granddaughter. It is conceivable that Steve simply changed his look and quietly did espionage work now. Which could prove cool for him coming out of retirement for one last mission to help turn Natasha in the Black Widow movie, but she wouldn't recognize him. Also being that she was experimented on, they could turn the 90s into a Shield/ X-men crossover (Isn't the next film in the 90s too for them?) I would love an early SHIELD film, Fury was much more interesting in CM for me

Also
If anything with the last scene Tony can easily be the new Jarvis in hologram form, I'm sure they can work in he uploaded his consciousness.

And finally.
Red Skull can return and fight new and old Cap, and not sure but does this mean Ronin is around again now? The quick Loki scene in Avengers 1 means he could have changed a lot in that brief period we aren't privy to yet

I'm just saying there are plenty of doors open, which you would expect from a comic.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:54 pm
The Kramer

Eh, I’m pretty sure that Cap was meant to solve all time travel paradoxes including the return of Mjolnir and Loki to Asgard. He shows up old at the end because Sam, Bucky and Bruce are now in his timeline which is (hopefully) the only one we need going forward. Or at least until the grosses start to dip.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:10 pm

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Eh, I’m pretty sure that Cap was meant to solve all time travel paradoxes including the return of Mjolnir and Loki to Asgard. He shows up old at the end because Sam, Bucky and Bruce are now in his timeline which is (hopefully) the only one we need going forward. Or at least until the grosses start to dip.

Well I'm pretty sure there is a Loki show coming on Disney+ that is using that moment, he doesn't have to mess up the timeline except to fake his own death once again in IW. Magnus is right though, it's more than passable time travel that anyone could pick apart, but it is a secondary plot element. There's nothing super big that jumps out at you to cause that much headache.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:53 pm
100% That Bitch

A+
Stop trying to make sense of the time travel thing

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:20 pm

And

Returning all of the stones still means that still have them. They could pull what Thanos did to Vision and bring Nat, Tony, Vision, and even de age Captain America if they wanted to, they'll just need Hulk or Thor to get strong enough again. Killing 2014 Thanos changes everything about the Guardians. 2014 in some way plays a major part

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:21 pm
The Kramer

Magnus wrote:
Also if people want to act like the timeline is still in tact, then you’re admitting that Steve Rogers made out with his wife’s great-niece in Winter Soldier.
He definitely banged her. And its gross. But he didn’t know so we can’t put that one on Cap.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:38 pm

I saw it. ‘‘Twas good. Still deciding if it is better than Infinity War (it was certainly more emotional, but Thanos was such a great character in the first one). But something I have to say:

I’m starting to judge people who criticize Thor in this movie. Honestly, it might have been the best and most unique character decision in this movie that really makes a lot of sense when you think about it, like an existential crisis.

Let’s not forget, he killed Thanos. He achieved his revenge. Thanos did die for killing his best friend and his brother at the beginning of Infinity War. But it brought him...nothing...so...now what...especially knowing he was the ace in the hole for the previous movie. He was Captain Marvel before Captain Marvel. He had his shot and he failed. The whole time in Endgame outside of the beginning he was a nerfed Thor because he is a lost Thor.

Now going forward he has a story to tell, but if they made him all powerful like he was at the end of Infinity War he would be much less interesting going forward. This was a great choice.

Oh and he’s funny too

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:07 pm
now we know

I must say, him chopping Thanos' head off was pretty awesome.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:29 pm
Profile WWW

I don't have a problem with Thor, I just think he was really the most overlooked character. He's the only one that has no choice in his people's resurgence. I do think he had enough weight (I know) in some scenes though. I am disappointed he wasn't living with Daryl though.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:33 pm
Keeping it Light

I loved it, great follow-up to Infinity War and as an ending to the MCU so far. Really enjoyed how they solved getting the vanished back. I guess it always had to be time travel, but how they in different groups got back to 4 different times was really well executed. It got us the opportunity to get perhaps every previous character of the universe back on the screen, with past scene revivals and nice meetings. The comic relief worked continuously, especially an out-of-shape Thor helped with that. And the emotional impact of the film is strong too with the deaths of Tony Stark and Black Widow and a very fitting resolution to Steve Roger's Captain America retirement. I'm not sure how fond I'd be of Mackie as the character but we'll see. Thanos was still very cool as the master villain, and I liked how they got to kill him twice, the 5 year later jump worked for me well. I felt they pushed it a bit much when they couldn't help them self by putting all the female heroes in a save the world situation, an unnecessary moment. I also had some annoying club music next to my screen coming through the walls which was a bit ruining the experience, but nonetheless one of the best times I've had with a Marvel film.

A-

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:36 pm
now we know

Yeah, Blacktain America will be awful. Mackie is even more irrelevant than Black Widow, and that's saying something.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Child Actor

The burger that ate before the movie did not disappoint me.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:23 pm
Keeping it Light

Two things I wondered.

Who was the dark blonde kid near the end at Stark's funeral?

And it seems the only previously notable character that didn't appear at all in Endgame, was Vision right?

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:25 pm
Keeping it Light

Felipe wrote:
The burger that ate before the movie did not disappoint me.

Hahaha...ok, and how was the movie?

I'll go back for one of those burgers too though.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:26 pm
now we know

stuffp wrote:
And it seems the only previously notable character that didn't appear at all in Endgame, was Vision right?

I'm by no means encyclopedic on the history of the MCU, but didn't Vision die? If they die before the click they don't come back. Though to be honest if these stones are so powerful maybe they could bring him back too.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It was the kid from Iron Man 3, the one who helped him repair the suit.

Goose did not appear. Neither did Coulson or Cobie Smulders unless I missed them at the funeral.

Was very surprised they got Natalie Portman even for a few seconds.

I loved Fat Thor and Nerd Hulk.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:04 am
now we know

I was also disappointed than Hulk didn't go full Hulk. He was quite useless actually. Why don't they let him go crazy? That's what people love about Hulk.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next