Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Hole in the Ground 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

The Hole in the Ground 
now we know

Post The Hole in the Ground

Quote:
The Hole in the Ground is a 2019 Irish horror film. Trying to escape her broken past, Sarah O'Neill is building a new life on the fringes of a backwood rural town with her young son Chris. A terrifying encounter with a mysterious neighbour shatters her fragile security, throwing Sarah into a spiralling nightmare of paranoia and mistrust, as she tries to uncover if the disturbing changes in her little boy are connected to an ominous sinkhole buried deep in the forest that borders their home.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: The Hole in the Ground
When I saw the trailer I thought it was too bad it wasn't getting a wide release. After seeing it I can say the movie ended up right where it belongs. This is beautifully shot and does have a couple of creepy moments but damn is it incredibly generic and mostly uninteresting. It doesn't go anywhere special. Not worth watching unless you check it out when it's eventually streaming for free somewhere.

5/10 ( C )

Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:32 am
Forum General

Yeah I could see why people would find it generic, but idk I dug it quite a bit. Compared to a lot of the other creepy kid movies I've seen in the last couple of years I definitely think this is one of the better ones, but maybe that's just me. The performances from the mom and the kid were pretty solid and it's a really well shot film with some beautiful and creepy imagery. These Irish horror films are usually very well made anyways and this one was no different IMO.

B

Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:20 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Beautifully shot and atmospheric but it fails in the final stretch to bring the chill down your spine during the "hole" scenes. The performances are solid here. The execution is generic which definitely brings this down.

B-

Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]