Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Black Mirror: Bandersnatch 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch 
Keeping it Light

Post Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Quote:
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is a 2018 interactive film in the science fiction anthology series Black Mirror. It was written by series creator Charlie Brooker and directed by David Slade. Netflix released it on 28 December 2018 as a standalone film.

In Bandersnatch, viewers make decisions for the main character, the young programmer Stefan Butler (Fionn Whitehead) who adapts a fantasy novel into a video game in 1984. Other characters include Mohan Thakur (Asim Chaudhry) and Colin Ritman (Will Poulter), who work at a video game company, Butler's father, Peter (Craig Parkinson) and Butler's therapist, Dr. Haynes (Alice Lowe). The film is based on a planned Imagine Software video game of the same name which went unreleased after the company filed for bankruptcy. A piece of horror and science fiction, Bandersnatch incorporates meta-commentary and rumination on free will.

Brooker and executive producer Annabel Jones were approached by Netflix about making an interactive film in May 2017, during which time Netflix had several interactive projects for children underway. Difficulty in writing the highly non-linear script led to the creation of a bespoke Branch Manager for Netflix, and the unique nature of the content required adaptations in the platform's use of cache memory. Filming and production took longer than for typical Black Mirror episodes.

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:57 am
now we know

Post Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch
Pretty cool concept. I'd have chosen Frosties. ;)

The production team are quite pleased with their recreation of 1980s Britain. They show it and linger on props to much. But the central idea is great. It's a haunting virtual reality that has been created here, and realistic too, in terms of the player's perspective regarding roots affecting other roots.

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

BLACK MIRROR BANDERSNATCH

The film storywise is meh. I was barely interested in this other than making my selections every now and then. However, the idea of being able to play a film and the user creating multiple endings or different actions is what was interesting. I did like the Netflix bit which I eventually got to. I would appreciate more of these types of interactive films by them with additional options and more paths.

Grade - B

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:02 am
Forum General

It's basically a really solid extended episode of Black Mirror. I honestly didn't care for all the interactive stuff, but I guess its an interesting experiment for Netflix. I'll just take as much Black Mirror as I can right now and this was pretty satisfying even if more people seem to be talking about the gimmick itself instead of the actual movie.

B+

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]