Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Lukas 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Lukas 
Keeping it Light

Post Lukas

Quote:
Lukas, also known as The Bouncer, is a 2018 French action thriller film directed by Julien Leclercq, and starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Sveva Alviti.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am
now we know

Post Re: Lukas
Van Damme is looking very gaunt these days. I thought this was decent enough. It gives JCVD a chance to show his dramatic side, but aside from his worn and battered appearance doing the work for him I am not sure he rises to the challenge. The film is mostly in French (a language I only understand about 10% of) but the story is so simple that you do not need to know what exactly is being said. It is a little slower paced than I would've preferred, and the fight sequences are underwhelming, but I commend the attempt. B-

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:02 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: Lukas
I also enjoyed this. Like Jackie Chan's The Foreigner this is the kind of gritty, small scale action film that old school action stars like Van Damme, Stallone and Arnold should do more of IMO. Yeah its a little slow paced, but I was never bored by it and honestly I think Van Damme looking so worn out and depressed definitely added something to the character he was playing even though I know he looks pretty much like a zombie these days.

B

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]