Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Instant Family 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Instant Family 
Keeping it Light

Post Instant Family

Quote:
Instant Family is a 2018 American comedy film starring Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne as two parents who adopt three young children; Isabela Moner, Margo Martindale, Julie Hagerty, Tig Notaro and Octavia Spencer also star. It is directed by Sean Anders, who wrote the screenplay with John Morris, based in-part on Anders' own experiences. It also marks the third collaboration between Anders and Wahlberg, following Daddy's Home and its 2017 sequel. The film was released in the United States on November 16, 2018.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:30 am
---------

Post Re: Instant Family
Really great. Rose Byrne and the lead daughter are amazing.

A-

Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:22 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was really sweet and charming. Rose Byrne and Isabella Moner in particular are wonderful here, and Mark Wahlberg gives his most relaxed performance in ages. A great movie for the holiday season. A-

Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:50 pm
Profile YIM
Keeping it Light

Although formulaic, it's a pretty good film. Unlike what I was expecting too, it's not so much of a comedy and more of a light drama. It works anyway, Walhberg and Byrne are very likeable as parents, Moner and the young girl are well cast kids, and I like the motions of fostering kids it takes us through. While there are not many, the laughs are good and the result is one of the better family films I've seen.

B+

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:04 pm
now we know

This did a really good job of straddling the line between heartfelt drama about the struggle of fostering and the laughs associated with it. And laughs are aplenty. It's quite a special film, and you even get to see Mark Wahlberg act. It's blink-and-you'll-miss-it, but nonetheless. The final "I now pronounce you a family" scene is the film's only misstep where it goes rogue. It is way too corny. But I guess they wanted a big final scene. Just didn't work for me. But the rest of the film is delightful and even moving. Good job, producer Mark Wahlberg! A nice move away form the Daddy's Home style of ridiculous comedy, and closer to the This is 40-type tender laughs.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:48 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Mark Wahlberg really isn't the right actor for this role. It could have done with a Mark Ruffalo or Eric Bana type.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Watched this again the other night. Really delightful film. Funny and touching. Rose Byrne is wonderful as usual.

8/10 (A-)

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]