Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Wildlife 

Rate this film:
A 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Wildlife 
Keeping it Light

Post Wildlife

Quote:
Wildlife is a 2018 American drama film directed by Paul Dano and co-written by Dano and Zoe Kazan. It is based on the novel of the same name by Richard Ford first published in 1990. The film stars Carey Mulligan, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ed Oxenbould, and Bill Camp; it is Dano's directorial debut. The film was acclaimed by critics, with many praising Mulligan and Gyllenhaal's performances.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:03 pm
now we know

Post Re: Wildlife
It might be strange to describe this film as beautiful considering its sad and solemn theme, but as it ended I had a great feeling of purity come over me, probably helped by the contemplative score, and I couldn't see it any other way. It is an engaging piece of work, tremendously acted by Carey Mulligan and my man Jake Gyllenhaal. It explores duty, selfishness, understanding, acceptance, and pride all through the viewfinder of 1950s values and expectations. It is particularly strong in communicating that gut-wrenching sickness when you're a teenager and you see or hear your mother entertain a man other than your father. Having said that, Ed Oxenbould could have done better in the role as a whole, as I felt he was a little plain-faced. Still, it's one of the best films of last year.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]