Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Final Score 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Final Score 
Keeping it Light

Post Final Score

Quote:
Final Score is a 2018 British action thriller film directed by Scott Mann and written by David T. Lynch and Keith Lynch, starring Dave Bautista (who previously worked with Mann in Heist), Ray Stevenson and Pierce Brosnan.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:51 am
Forum General

Post Re: Final Score
Man I saw this a while ago and while I remember liking it I can barely remember anything else about it. Outside of it having some decent action sequences and Bautista being pretty fun in John McClane mode it's not very memorable at all. Ray Stevenson was ok as the villain, but really over the top and Pierce Brosnan was pretty much wasted honestly.

C+

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:14 pm
now we know

Post Re: Final Score
I thought this was great. It's a total ripoff of Sudden Death. Swap ice hockey for football and Van Damme for Dave Bautista, and it's hard to see any difference at all. But it's no less awesome. It's also channeling a lot of Die Hard (just as Sudden Death was), but this time the terrorists are the Ruskies instead of the Nazis. There are some really good fight sequences. Bautista versus Martyn Ford in the kitchen is brutal. They got a guy so big that it actually made Bautista look normal-sized. Plus, the main bad guy (played by Ray Stevenson) is not messing around. He just kills everyone. Loved that about it. The film also has its funny bits. In the first half I didn't think so, but in the second half I laughed aloud a few times (especially at the "ALLAH AKBAR" line, lol).

Some of the acting is a bit lame, such as his niece and the Indian steward. And the film obviously did not have a super huge budget. But I can forgive these things because it does what it set out to do. It more than entertained me. It's funny because there is no way in the world that Upton Park has such a state-of-the-art security system where they can lockdown the entire stadium from one control room, like a prison. But again, I overlooked that. It was cute. B+

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]