Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Bombing 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

The Bombing 
Keeping it Light

Post The Bombing

Quote:
Air Strike (Chinese: 大轰炸; pinyin: Dà Hōngzhà; literally: "Big Bombing") also known as Unbreakable Spirit or The Bombing is a Chinese action war-drama film directed by Xiao Feng about the Japanese bombings of Chinese city Chongqing during World War II. Mel Gibson joined as art director. The film stars Liu Ye, Bruce Willis, Song Seung-heon and William Chan, with special appearances by Nicholas Tse, Fan Bingbing and many others. Principal photography began in May 2015 in Shanghai, China.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:58 am
now we know

Post Re: The Bombing
Is there a grade worse than an F? This film is easily the worst of 2018. Not even close. It's competing for a lower honour ... the worst film ever made. It is utter shit. I don't even know what it's called. Is it Unbreakable Spirit? Airstrike? The Bombing? They couldn't even decide on a fucking title. It just highlights the sort of hacks that are in charge of this production. All the voices are dubbed, but that's not a big deal. It just adds to the rest of the feces. I had no idea they could make films this bad. Nothing makes sense. It's just an incoherent mess. Quality-wise it is similar to one of the MANY Chinese wartime TV series', but it's made into a feature starring Bruce Willis, Liu Ye, Adrien Brody, and Rumer Willis (she has a 10-second scene but is third-billed, lol). The only one giving anything resembling a performance is Mr. Brody. But each of the three times I saw him I just felt pity. He's fallen so far; from The Pianist to this piece of crap. Oh, Fan Bingbing is also in the film...for about 3 seconds right at the start, then you never see her again, lol. Maybe she had more footage but her scenes were cut because of her recent tax scandal. Who knows.

The Chinese seem to take pleasure in making films that show how bad their history has been. Perhaps, in an odd way to pay themselves a compliment, to show how far they've come? It's strange that every scene has Japanese planes bombing them. There is no time for, dare I say it....character development! No, scratch that...character introduction!! There are no characters to even develop. Scenes just happen. There is no flow. You're in a war scene, then you're in a church, then to another bombing, and this happens from the get-go. I wanted to turn it off after 20 minutes. It's just so awful. It's difficult to even criticise it. It's laughably bad, and I do not believe Mel Gibson was a consultant on this film. If he was, XiaoFeng didn't take any of his advice. Nothing resembles anything Gibson would ever lend his talent to. This film just shows how far off the Chinese are from competing with film industries from other countries. Forget Hollywood. They're not even half as good as India yet! Same thing as always with the Chinese: lots of money, zero talent/class/quality. F

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]