Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Silent Trigger 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Silent Trigger 
Keeping it Light

Post Silent Trigger

Quote:
Silent Trigger (written and produced as The Algonquin Goodbye) is a 1996 American action thriller film directed by Russell Mulcahy starring Dolph Lundgren and Gina Bellman about a sniper and his female spotter. Lundgren plays a Waxman former Special Forces soldier who is now working as a heavily armed assassin sent on a mission by a secretive "Agency", to assassinate a target from an abandoned skyscraper in construction. Memories and moral dilemmas resurface when a former spotter from a failed assignment shows up.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:37 pm
now we know

I fucking love Silent Trigger. It's one of those action movies that I grew up watching, and also one of those DTV movies when DTV movies were still good. This and The Shooter were my favourite Dolph films from that era. I love it. Glad I just watched it again. Watched it in delight. It's so atmospheric. A rain-drenched tower block, never not back-lit with a moody yellow glow or industrial green, and with beautiful hypnotic tunes by Quinn. The cinematography is surprisingly decent here as well. Pausing at certain moments and you could be mistaken for thinking it's a still from a gallery. This is not usually the case, but here I enjoy the way the present day action intersperses with flashbacks. It adds value to the storytelling. The performances are great, too. Especially Christopher Heyerdahl. Such a crazy character, acted to perfection. Dolph is herculean and statue-like in his own very stoic action hero way. I dig it. And Gina Bellman is just absolutely lovely. Beautiful voice, kicks ass, looks hot doing it. This is one of the women that shaped my taste. B+

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Silent Trigger
I always liked Lundgren more in his antagonist roles, but I saw this when I was younger already and always loved the poster. I watched it again recently and I remember why it didn't much remember it beyond it, it's not very action packed until the end and I feel the back story in flash backs isn't very interesting and holds back the pacing of the film. Everything set in the present is pretty stylishly shot though and both Gina Bellman and Christopher Heyerdahl are pretty excellent in supporting roles. It's not that great, but it's a likable film.

B-

Tue May 05, 2020 3:30 am
Forum General

Post Re: Silent Trigger
Lundgren had a pretty damn good run from the early to mid 90's just like most action stars did back then, but for some reason he just couldn't break out like the rest did which is still pretty sad because I always enjoyed the guy as an actor. He has had so many better roles outside of Ivan Drago and this is definitely one of them IMO. Not a whole lot of action in this one, but it is very stylish, well shot and at times very atmospheric. I really liked Gina Bellman's character too and damn did she look hot as hell in this. Christopher Heyerdahl gave a pretty great villain performance as well.

B-

Tue May 05, 2020 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]