Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Strange Ones 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Strange Ones 
Keeping it Light

Post The Strange Ones

Quote:
The Strange Ones is a 2017 American drama film directed by Christopher Radcliff and Lauren Wolkstein, and written by Christopher Radcliff. The film stars Alex Pettyfer, James Freedson-Jackson, Emily Althaus, Gene Jones, Owen Campbell, and Tobias Campbell, and was released on DirecTV on December 7, 2017, before being released on video on demand and in theaters on January 5, 2018, by Vertical Entertainment.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 am
now we know

A single parent that abuses his son, Sam, is killed by regular babysitter, Nick (Pettyfer), one night when the father returns from a night shift. Nick burns down the house and the two flee on a road trip to a cabin in the woods where Nick holidayed as a child. They tell people they are brothers. But Sam has feelings for Nick. These may or may not be reciprocated by Nick (no evidence is shown here - I personally think Sam has dreamt that part up/let the hearsay spread). That's basically the story. There is also a question mark over what's real and what's a dream, and there's symbolism from a black cat. But I did not read too much into that.

At only 80 minutes, this is a lean drip-fed psychological drama, beautifully shot, a little on the artsy side, with an eerie and provocative score. It makes the most out of its thin plot, and I would not blame anybody for disliking its ambiguity. But I found it simmering and engaging, despite Freedson-Jackson's insipid performance.

B

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]