Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Keeping it Light

Post 211

Quote:
Bank heist movie in the vein of "End of Watch" meets "Black Hawk Down".

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:20 am
now we know

It's just a really bad movie. The acting is bad. It's a plot we've seen a million times before. Nothing stands out. But I did not hate it like The Humanity Bureau, though it's a hair's breadth away from it in terms of quality. The funniest part is when Nicolas Cage's partner (also his son-in-law) gets shot in the leg and he instantly fears death. It goes against all action movie rules. A leg shot is basically a scratch, so to have him turn white and go unconscious was hilarious, plus he's a really bad actor so it just added to it all. But he is trying his little heart out. The geography didn't really make sense in the shootout either. Cage is firing back and forth with a 9mm Beretta against a sub-machine gun, but he could easily have just ran away with cars as cover. Same goes for all three of them. And the ride along black kid who is a nice ordinary kid who fought back against some bullies and was just caught at the wrong time ... he takes a 9V battery out of a toy and charges his dead phone to call his mother. lol. HE'S A SMART KID, GODAMNIT! Just because he's black doesn't mean he can't be smart! This film is hilarious in the way it thinks it is being so progressive. And then there's the most useless character in any film ever made ... the interpol chick. She pops in a few times but her entire plot strand is unneeded.

So, unfortunately this is one of the bad Nic Cage movies. He does 4 or 5 movies a year, and usually 3 or 4 of them are bad.

D

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: 211
It's not very good, but I was at least a bit more entertained and engaged watching this than something like Escape Plan 2. It moved at a good pace to me and there is quite a bit of action which is always welcomed. I did like the fact the bad guys didn't fuck around either and killed whomever got in the way, although that escape plan towards the end was dumb as hell. It's plagued with all the usual cliche's and tropes you have seen in a million other movies like it on top of what you already expect from these kind of DTV action films such poor acting/dialogue from the majority of the supporting characters, but I have seen worse.

C

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]