Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Incredibles 2 

Rate this film:
A 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Incredibles 2 
Keeping it Light

Post Incredibles 2

Quote:
Incredibles 2 is a 2018 American 3D computer-animated superhero film, and a sequel to the 2004 film The Incredibles. It was produced by Pixar Animation Studios and was released by Walt Disney Pictures. It was written and directed by Brad Bird, who also wrote and directed the first film. Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Sarah Vowell, Samuel L. Jackson, John Ratzenberger, Brad Bird and Michael Bird reprise their characters from the first film. They are joined by Huck Milner and Jonathan Banks, taking over roles from the first film, with Bob Odenkirk, Catherine Keener, Sophia Bush, Phil LaMarr and Isabella Rossellini, voicing new characters.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Incredibles 2
It's enjoyable but far too long and overstays its welcome by the end. Though certain setpieces are absolutely incredible and hilarious. The raccoon scene in particular is brilliant. B

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:29 am
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Hard to compare it with the first. It does tread a little too much of the same ground, especially with the mehdiocre villian. But the movie breezes by with excellent pacing. The action scenes are exciting and whenever we need a comedy break, Jack-Jack is more than willing to provide.

And despite me complaining about the paper thin story just a few lines ago, I’m kinda glad they focused so much on the family instead of getting bogged down by plot. I might raise it up to a full A on future viewings because of this.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:39 pm
The Kramer

The best parts:

Jack-Jack v Raccoon
“Good luck with everlasting peace” “Good luck with defeating evil”
The Underminer chase scene (whatever happened to him?)
Jack-Jack and Edna

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:41 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Very good. I had doubts after Pixar's previous sequels that this would probably fall short of the original, but I found it to be just as good, if not slightly better. A-.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Ocarina of Time

Fantastic, entertaining, funny, well-written, lovely and charming characters, spectacular action scenes, badass music score. This movie is actually incredible!

A+

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:25 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Initial impression: almost on par with the first (I love the first).

I hope to see it again which should solidify my thoughts. But really impressed with the end product here, a deft blend of intrigue, action, domestic stress, big ideas with small family moments, humor, commentary (uhhh I fuckin loved the Screenslaver's monologue while Elastigirl was tracking down the source of the signal).... I hate to feel like this is a perfect product manufactured for all-ages by the unstoppable film behemoth Disney, but.... It's a near perfect movie for all ages?

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:10 pm

I liked it, but did not love it, does not have that 2000s Pixar magic

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:12 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Steve wrote:

(uhhh I fuckin loved the Screenslaver's monologue while Elastigirl was tracking down the source of the signal).... I hate to feel like this is a perfect product manufactured for all-ages by the unstoppable film behemoth Disney, but.... It's a near perfect movie for all ages?

Absolutely loved that too. Certainly something for everyone here.

Up there with the first film.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:39 am
Devil's Advocate

It's very good. The animation is overall incredible between the action scenes and the comedic parts, the ScreenSlaver plot worked for me even if it was obvious one of the two Deavors was going to be bad, and Jack Jack really is the star. What was missing for me was going a little deeper emotionally and capturing what the short Bao did, which made me tear up as soon as the real son appeared. I never believed the relationship between Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl was ever in real danger of being strained, despite the ego hit of the former taking a back seat. Or where was the scene where Mr. Incredible is sitting beside a crying Violet on her bed and giving her the talk about life? The impact of the Violet plot is lessened with Tony having his memory erased and having no culpability for standing her up. What if for example instead of having his memory erased, Tony genuinely got scared off from Violet being an illegal superhero, or he went on a date not knowing yet and her powers ruined it haflway through? This would make the betrayal and Violet's angst of being a superhero real. This is the kind of stuff that a film like Toy Story 3 was able to weave in, while I2 is more of a great but more on the surface, and likely less memorable action/comedy animation.

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Pretty accurate stuff Shack

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:03 pm
Pure Phase

I enjoyed it as much as the first film...which is well enough, but considerably less than many. These characters and their world just do not ignite my imagination and feelings the way they do others', but the animation is gorgeous, and Jack-Jack's myriad powers are indeed comedy gold. I enjoyed the domestic-life/Mr. Mom vein of the film much more than the Screenslaver plot.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:32 pm
Pure Phase

It slightly irritates me this movie is not called The Incredibles 2. ;)

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:07 am
Hold the door!

The first is much better with a much better villain and twists. But this is still good. The family drama is still quite engaging, and the plot is a pretty natural extension of the first film, even if I wish the Underminer were a bigger part. The animation is Pixar’s best yet. It has a lot of heart, but it just does not feel as mature or resonate as deeply as the first.

A-

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:48 pm
---------

David wrote:
It slightly irritates me this movie is not called The Incredibles 2. ;)

Ya I haven't seen anyone bring this up before. When did that change... And why?!?!

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:59 am
now we know

This is just as great as you want a summer film to be. Loved it as much as the first. Everyone's back. Dash is great. Jack Jack is hilarious. The whole family are just a joy to spend time with. And Bao, I was even surprised to see attached to the Chinese release, but what an adorable, superb short. I probably saw my favourite Pixar film and favourite Pixar short one after the other today.

A

Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:47 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

This really is nowhere near the quality of the first. It doesn't have much rewatch value other than the first few action sequences. The last action sequence on the yacht is actually not that exciting. Nothing touches the Underminer fight, the movie peaks early.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:26 pm
The Kramer

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Hard to compare it with the first. It does tread a little too much of the same ground, especially with the mehdiocre villian. But the movie breezes by with excellent pacing. The action scenes are exciting and whenever we need a comedy break, Jack-Jack is more than willing to provide.

And despite me complaining about the paper thin story just a few lines ago, I’m kinda glad they focused so much on the family instead of getting bogged down by plot. I might raise it up to a full A on future viewings because of this.
This still holds true. A very fun movie, but a little shallow compared to the first.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:07 pm
Defeats all expectations

I saw it over a year ago. While it was slightly better than the first in terms of action sequences, it had a bloated story. The first one had a typical but more streamlined plot. Both movies were equally forgettable. The family was too sitcom-y. The humor was not distinct enough to strike a chord.

71/100

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:27 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Great but not classic like the original. Jack-Jack's are great here, also love Bird's own rendition of Edna. The action is there but it doesn't always connect with the movie and the story and resolution is too predictable.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:40 am
Hold the door!

This movie does not age well. Really was just a rehash of the first movie.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]