Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Cargo (2017) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Cargo (2017) 
Keeping it Light

Post Cargo (2017)

Quote:
Cargo is a 2017 Australian post-apocalyptic thriller film written by Yolanda Ramke and directed by Ramke and Ben Howling.

Sun May 20, 2018 9:39 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Cargo
Another solid entry in the Zombie genre. Didn't like it as much as The Cured, but it's well acted and I loved the Australian Outback as the backdrop for this. It feels different than a lot of other zombie films, especially the way in which they handle the aboriginal culture which I also liked, although they didn't go as deep as I thought they would.

B

Tue May 22, 2018 5:51 pm
Pure Phase

Post Re: Cargo
A very fine addition to the zombie-film canon. Where carnage is the raison dĂȘtre of many pictures in this sub-genre, this one focuses on a more emotional brand of terror as an infected father desperately searches for safety for his infant daughter during the 48-hour period separating the initial bite from total descent into bloodthirsty mania. In this way, it partly recalls 28 Days Later (my favorite zombie film of all-time...and, yes, they are zombies, pedant) and the less effective Maggie. Martin Freeman's amiably neurotic Everyman quality is well-utilized here, and the film builds to a memorably poignant finale.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 27, 2018 10:27 pm
now we know

I didn't really like this. Firstly, it's just a bit dreary. It could have been a non-stop race against time to find suitable guardians for Rosie, but it's so slow and you can easily lose interest. Secondly, Martin Freeman wasn't the right choice to play the lead. Good actor but not capable of transmitting that he was Rosie's father. And lastly, the characters in this type of film always annoy me in how stupid they are. They stay out in the open for far too long, take stupid risks, and then get bitten and die. How stupid was it that Freeman's character got bitten by his own wife. C-

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Cargo (2017)
This is a solid entry in the ever growing zombie genre. The backdrops are great but I found that the zombies are used as props here. The journey in itself is slow but decent with enough turns to not make it too repetitive. The finale is what I loved the most and I loved Freeman here, his work helps brings the emotion to the finale.

B

Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]