Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Avengers: Infinity War 

Rate this film:
A 54%  54%  [ 19 ]
B 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
F 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 35

Avengers: Infinity War 

Post Re: Avengers: Infinity War *Spoiler Warning*
Yeah Davy Jones is the bee’s knees

Sat May 05, 2018 6:27 pm

It would be nice to see this film score a visual effects is Oscar. Outside of the first Iron Man, this series has not be known for its visual effects

Sat May 05, 2018 8:39 pm
Cream of the Crop

The way Thanos looks in the trailers is a major "turn off" for me (along with 100 other aspects). If that's the current benchmark for the motion capture process, they should stick to rubber suits until 2030. CGI-based movies from this current era will look laughable very soon. Infact, they already do.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Sat May 05, 2018 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

The last time I fell for that dirty trick was when people told me that the motion capture effects in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes were spectacular, however, it turned out to be a bad Pixar movie.

Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

GuybrushX McMurphy wrote:
The way Thanos looks in the trailers is a major "turn off" for me (along with 100 other aspects). If that's the current benchmark for the motion capture process, they should stick to rubber suits until 2030. CGI-based movies from this current era will look laughable very soon. Infact, they already do.

Yeah, the fact that The Hobbit looks more dated than even Fellowship arguably is a bit of a mess.

Sat May 05, 2018 10:40 pm
Extraordinary

The Hobbit does not look more dated than the Rings trilogy. The orcs are annoyingly CGI, but there's still plenty of CG in LOTR that looks downright low-res today.

Sat May 05, 2018 11:13 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Nah I just rewatched all 6 films and LOTR holds up better, shockingly. Five Armies looks like a video game.

Sat May 05, 2018 11:39 pm
Extraordinary

FELLOWSHIP looks like it's out of focus whenever there's a major CG effect.

Sun May 06, 2018 1:05 am
Cream of the Crop

Barrabás wrote:
Nah I just rewatched all 6 films and LOTR holds up better, shockingly. Five Armies looks like a video game.

The video game look seems to be a deliberate choice rather than a shortcoming by now. Actually, it's a deliberate choice caused by a shortcoming: rather than trying to make the artificial elements look as realistic as the real ones (still mostly a futile effort at this point), real objects are turned into more artificial looking ones to match the artificial ones and cover up the obvious, striking distinction.

A movie like Jurassic World looks ridiculous because of this. Every tree, every street in it looks as fake as the dinosaurs and it all results in one blurry, video-game-like mess. In the 3rd Hobbit movie, Orlando Bloom looks like a heavily photoshopped version of himself, to match the fake surroundings (and, additionally, to make him look as young as / younger than in the original trilogy). On the other hand, in Black Panther, the Wakanda surroundings look like a video game sequence, while the actors remain mostly untouched, which causes them to stick out quite obviously and gives those scenes the look of a low-budget 90s TV movie or of some youtuber's early green screen attempts.

Sun May 06, 2018 1:12 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

A

Really liked this. Captain America (though I've always found it funny they just all call him Captain Rogers) showing up at the train station is probably one of the better MCU moments. Loved all the Thor stuff. Thanos was very well fleshed out. Spider-Man "dying" at the end was a great moment (though the ONLY reason it's great is because they extended his death, and RDJ SELLS THE SHIT OUT OF IT), as was Gamora (This movie will be horrible if she is brought back in the IW2).

But this is a film that's a lot better while watching it, than thinking about it after the fact. There are loads of issues.

It had that weird cut where they show 2 minutes of Thanos backstory... like... what? Why was it put there? What was the point of it?
The henchman, outside of the mind control guy, all sucked. They were Zod/Faora knockoffs. And outside of the mind control guy, all their CGI was bad. Looked straight out of Ready Player One.
There were too many characters. So they didn't have time to flesh a lot of them out to fit into the film. There was literally no point in Black Panther being in this ($$$$$). And those creatures were mostly dumb.

Also... shouldn't Thanos be severely injured? Dude got a god killer ax through his chest. And it looked like his gauntlet was pretty useless after using it to kill half of everyone. So I doubt he'd be able to use the time stone to fix himself.

But whatever. I enjoyed it. A lot of dumb parts after the fact.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon May 07, 2018 1:35 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Chippy wrote:

It had that weird cut where they show 2 minutes of Thanos backstory... like... what? Why was it put there? What was the point of it?

I liked how they slid that scene in. It provides context for the later scenes with Gamora, giving them greater depth.

Though yeah - they shouldnt bring her back in the next film (though sadly they probably will).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon May 07, 2018 10:13 pm
Superfreak

I find it humorous that a woman who can do anything (Wanda) is on the same team someone who is a glorified Rhonda Rousey.

Mon May 07, 2018 11:20 pm
Extraordinary

Chippy wrote:
A lot of dumb parts after the fact.

A lot of dumb parts while you're watching it.

Which would be fine with me. My biggest issue with the movie is the pacing and how scattershot it is. The Gamora/Thanos flashback is the perfect example. It's a scene that needs to be in the movie - why is it a straight cut from a scene where Captain America and company save the day?

Tue May 08, 2018 12:19 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Because its a follow-up of Captain saying "Home", signifies the home that Gamora is now changing. Arguing is different but yes that scene was hacked and feels out of place but it was slid in to give more depth on Gamora-Thanos relationship though it does fail to show how Thanos liked Gamora.

Tue May 08, 2018 1:32 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

The Gamora death scene would've been much better with more Thanos/Gamora scenes (preferably at the beginning of the film). All we know about their relationship at the time was Gamora hates him. He tortured her sister. He rescued her from... himself.

If Brolin wasn't such a good actor, him "loving" her is completely unbelievable.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue May 08, 2018 11:14 am

Post Re: Avengers: Infinity War
I agree. This film succeeds on Brolin’s performance

Tue May 08, 2018 7:14 pm
Keeping it Light

This was as good as it could be for me, pretty good entry in the universe and Thanos is the best Marvel villain yet. With its assembly of different superheroes and star power it trumps what The Avengers did first in 2012, including the magnitude of the universe it takes place in. I wouldn't call it a better film than the first Avengers team-up overall, but it surely does wash away any of the mediocre taste of Ultron. Infinity War has good stakes, the threat of a powerful enemy looms well throughout and it ends spectacularly ominous. There's some great action/ battle scenes and the right base of humour in it too. There is a lot of stuff going on in the film and I thought they did a capable job of integrating every character and make it meaningful. An ambitious and well-rounded blockbuster that did not disappoint.

B+

Sun May 13, 2018 8:28 am
Keeping it Light

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
http://Www.Didthanoskill.me

I died. :(

Died too.

Sun May 13, 2018 11:26 am
The Kramer

The Dark Shape wrote:
Chippy wrote:
A lot of dumb parts after the fact.

A lot of dumb parts while you're watching it.

Which would be fine with me. My biggest issue with the movie is the pacing and how scattershot it is. The Gamora/Thanos flashback is the perfect example. It's a scene that needs to be in the movie - why is it a straight cut from a scene where Captain America and company save the day?
After rewatch, I think this should have been the first scene of the movie.

Sun May 13, 2018 11:35 am

I think I agree with that

Sun May 13, 2018 1:27 pm
Devil's Advocate

Thanos makes this one of the better MCUs, due to his complexity and thinking he's the good guy. He's imposing enough that the Avengers feel vulnerable and human, and his early kills is perfect to reinforce the stakes. With the unenviable task of fitting in so many Avengers and a film often set sprawling across space there is some rough fits but it could have gone worse. With the space and mystical elements they were wise enough to let the Guardians, Doctor Strange and Black Widow/Vision key to the plot even if it meant Captain America, Black Widow and Black Panther do nothing. From the trailer I expected the Guardians to be like Ant Man in Civil War but it's their movie as much as the Avengers. The "deaths" are effective even if you know they aren't sticking. I enjoyed the action with the early attack on NY with Iron Man, Spiderman and Strange and trying to get Thanos glove off the most. Quality blockbuster.

Sun May 13, 2018 4:54 pm
Hold the door!

Probably the best MCU film. The first half is better than the second, and it’s long, but any scene with Thanos is awesome. The best scene in the movie by far is the Soul Stone sequence. I wish they had not tricked us into thinking all those Avengers died when they clearly didn’t, but it was an emotional scene nonetheless.

A-

Sun May 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Thanos is easily the best villain in the series, sorry Vukture and Killmonger

Sun May 13, 2018 9:23 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
Probably the best MCU film. The first half is better than the second, and it’s long, but any scene with Thanos is awesome. The best scene in the movie by far is the Soul Stone sequence. I wish they had not tricked us into thinking all those Avengers died when they clearly didn’t, but it was an emotional scene nonetheless.

A-

That's where I think the scene excels and makes Thanos a real threat. Even though we know that the heroes are going to come back we feel for them going out.

Sun May 13, 2018 10:20 pm
Keeping it Light

With all the love for Thanos (I agree), could we see a solo movie coming?

Mon May 14, 2018 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next