Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Traffik 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5

Traffik 
Keeping it Light

Post Traffik

Quote:
Traffik is a 2018 American thriller film directed and written by Deon Taylor. The film stars Paula Patton, Omar Epps, Laz Alonso, Roselyn Sanchez, Luke Goss, William Fichtner and Missi Pyle, and follows a group of friends who are terrorized by a gang of bikers in a remote countryside home.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:52 pm
Top Poster

Post Re: Traffik
Leading contender as the worst film of the year! I wish Hollywood would quit casting Paula Patton as she has to be the worst actress on screen right now. What's worse is that with the "Metoo" movement should have prevented all the gratuitous shots of a scantly clad Patton throughout the entire movie. Shows you exactly what she believes she is there for.

We are presented with premise in which we are supposed to care about the lead characters but Patton and Epps have literally no chemistry on screen at all. Throw in a totally worthless and obnoxious 2nd couple with no real value to the plot other than to have someone for the bad guys to kill. Speaking of the bad guys they have to be the stupidest criminal organization ever. So you are Human trafficking "American Women" in the back of a Semi trailer in northern California and just happen to allow 1 of them to walk freely around with your entire operations plan and goods in a iphone docked to a Satellite phone case with a simple 6 digit code linked to a patriotic holiday. To top that off once you loose the phone instead of remotely wiping it and quickly reorganizing your plans to not get caught. They decide it's better to track down the couple 8 to 12 hours later, ask politely for the phone back, kill 4 people, kidnap 2 more victims, all while staying withing the same town. Oh yeah I bet you can predict this one from a mile away but the whole town is in on it.......

F-

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 am
Keeping it Light

Nice review PT, enjoyed reading why to stay away from this film.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:26 am
Star Trek XI

Longtime lurker here, but honestly way to spoil the movie. I really wanted to see it and still will sometime this week, but still.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:39 am
Top Poster

Everything I mentioned was shown/hinted at in the trailer but trust me not only did I save you money but also your time.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:51 pm
Star Trek XI

Fair enough. Still curious though and I do have MoviePass which makes things much more convenient. So if I end up hating it at least I didn’t pay full price for a ticket lol

Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:47 pm
---------

j_forest23 wrote:
Longtime lurker here, but honestly way to spoil the movie. I really wanted to see it and still will sometime this week, but still.

Just a warning - spoilers are always gonna be in these review threads. The only exception is when a review thread pops up before the official release date (which I assume will happen for Infinity War).

Glad to see a lurker post though! Sounds like at least one good thing came out of the existence of the movie Traffik.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:14 pm
now we know

Ouch. He's only made three posts and he already has a warning from a mod.

Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
---------

Algren wrote:
Ouch. He's only made three posts and he already has a warning from a mod.

Ha bad choice of word. A friendly FYI about this forum, not a warning. :thumbsup:

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:05 pm
Wallflower

I'm with the newbie though. It is nice to read people's thoughts before seeing a movie without having to worry about it being spoiled. It's not that hard to use spoiler tags. I know it's not required but it really should be.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:42 pm
now we know

Nah. We're not professional critics and we do not have a responsibility to keep things hidden. We're fans and when we see a film we want to talk about it. Spoiler tags are there for 95% of the forum. In here it's fair game. There's one place you shouldn't go if you don't want to be spoiled. If you go there, it's your own fault.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Algren wrote:
Nah. We're not professional critics and we do not have a responsibility to keep things hidden. We're fans and when we see a film we want to talk about it. Spoiler tags are there for 95% of the forum. In here it's fair game. There's one place you shouldn't go if you don't want to be spoiled. If you go there, it's your own fault.

Other movie forums have spoiler review rules in place. It's just common courtesy. I always try and skim these threads and hope to not see spoilers for movies I'm interested in. I'm just curious how others are liking movies I want to see.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:32 am
now we know

Magic Mike wrote:
I'm just curious how others are liking movies I want to see.

That's what the poll is for.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Here's the thing though I'd prefer a spoiler review vs a 1 line statement review ala- "It was great! or terrible"

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:55 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I am fine with not using spoilers here as well. There have been very few movies that I would not enjoy because I knew the story and those movies are the ones I would not read reviews anyways. That said if there was a better way to do this with spoiler tags then I am up for it.

Last edited by Jack Sparrow on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:49 pm
Leave it be, there should be no spoiler tags here. Come here and read reviews *after* you see it or, if you're desperate to know what others largely think, there are letter grades up top.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 pm
Wallflower

Well I for one will continue doing "the Lord's" work and using spoiler tags :funny:. You're welcome ;).

Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:46 am
Superman: The Movie

How long has this...

Quote:
This is the place to give us YOUR reviews on the movies you have seen. Discussion of movies is welcomed, but please do not comment if you have not previously seen the movie! Spoilers are ALLOWED inside.

... been the description of this section?

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Fourteen years.

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Wow didn’t know this would spark a dialogue here! Anyway didn’t see the description, my bad. I saw it Thursday at the grove and actually really enjoyed it! To each their own, but I found it genuinely thrilling and suspenseful, and I genuinely didn’t know if Brea(Paula Patton) would make it out of the story alive. Sure, it’s a standard run-of-the-mill thriller and tries to inform about sex trafficking while also showing women in revealing attire, which is problematic. However, definitely interesting and offers a lot of food for thought about human trafficking. The title cards at the end were really eye-opening.

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:56 pm
Forum General

Eh I actually didn't mind this that much. Sure it's really generic and I'll likely forget most of it in a week, but I was entertained for the most part, although more scantly clad shots of Paula Patton would have been nice. It's a decent timewaster at best.

C+

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:29 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

While it didn't completely hate this but its not a great movie as well. It takes way too long to get to the point trying to build the characters who are never utilized in the movie and then the whole trafficking is not handled well. The villains are also not convincing and that ending with ramifications throughout the world was completely unnecessary. Paula Patton though is great in this, she should be in more action stuffs.

C-

Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]