Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Super Troopers 2 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Super Troopers 2 
Keeping it Light

Post Super Troopers 2

Quote:
Super Troopers 2 is a 2018 American comedy film directed by Jay Chandrasekhar. A sequel to the 2001 film Super Troopers, the film was written by and stars the Broken Lizard comedy team, made up of Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme, Paul Soter and Erik Stolhanske. The plot follows the Super Troopers being called upon to set up a new Highway Patrol station when an international border dispute arises between the United States and Canada.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 pm
Superman: The Movie

Post Re: Super Troopers 2
The first was good. This starts off fine. Then I got bored as the movie proceeded to make its 89th Canadian joke within the first half hour. If you think the French-Canadian accent is funny, boy do I have the film for you. For me it got repetitive and stale very quickly. Then the movie goes on for another 70 minutes.

Oh, and if you didn’t stay through the credits, Farva commits to his bet (surrounded by no one) and does in fact make a smoothie containing his pinky toe. And he likes it. Cause he’s Farva. Funny.

Did you know that Canadians like beer and hockey?

Easily Broken Lizard’s worst.

D+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

Some jokes fall flat (did not care for the opening scene at all), but the good outweighs the bad. Not perfect, but still has a lot of laughs.

3 out of 5

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:20 pm
now we know

So this was pretty lame and unfunny. I don't remember much about the first but I don't remember it being as bad as that. I did like the part where that fat Mountie winds up the other one about Danny Devito though. But the rest kinda sucked. Trying too hard. And you could see the twist (girl being undercover) a mile off.

Though kudos to them for mentioning the Indiegogo support they received in the credits.

D+

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:38 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Super Troopers 2 was pretty much what I expected, more of the same. Which was fine for 90 minutes, and I’m sure I would have appreciated it more 15 years ago. Nothing stuck out as bad though, these guys still make me laugh and Lowe and Chriqui were fine. The running Fred Savage was funny throughout but it could have been a better payoff. We saw that same bit 100 times in movies/tv even before the first Super Troopers.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]