Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Spinning Man 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Spinning Man 
Keeping it Light

Post Spinning Man

Quote:
Spinning Man is a 2018 thriller film directed by Simon Kaijser based on a novel by George Harrar and adapted to screenplay by Matthew Aldrich. It stars Guy Pearce, Pierce Brosnan, Minnie Driver, Alexandra Shipp, Clark Gregg and Odeya Rush.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:40 am
now we know

Really enjoyed this. Great mystery thriller. Quality cast with a really well-written script that leads you along and subtly nudges you one way then another as it drip feeds nuggets of information and suspicion. I'm beginning to prefer this type of direct-to-VOD Grindstone Entertainment thriller more than theatrical crap these days. Guy Pearce, Pierce Brosnan, Minnie Driver, Jamie Kennedy, and Clark Gregg are the names in this one, and all of them are enjoyable to watch. I want to give it a higher grade, but I felt it was missing a final twist or even a thrilling conclusion to sign off with.

B+

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Spinning Man
It's rather good film. The director does a good enough job, with the help of a strong cast, to make it thrilling for the most part. The mystery of the missing girl keeps it rather engaging, I did suspect Jamie Kennedy to perhaps have a part in it too. Just towards the end it unravels a bit too much for me, kind of anti-climatic and confusing about what exactly happened now. Maybe it wants to leave it rather open, but I would have preferred things to have tied up a bit more neatly. I didn't see the point, maybe just didn't understand, really of that last scene with Evan burning the letter and having the flashback of the encounter with the dark skinned girl in the car. I liked the leads performances, and it's worth the watch for them alone, but it lacked some well-roundedness.

B-

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:04 am
now we know

Glad you watched it and got some enjoyment from it. Would like to talk more about it with you but since it's been 3 months since I've seen it, and my eyes have seen an awful lot since then, I don't remember any interesting thoughts or observations I had.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I was interested in this once I've heard about, and downloaded it maybe a month ago. Got around to see it just now, and not completely living up to my expectations, but enjoyable for the most part yeah.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:21 am
now we know

What were your expectations?

Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:16 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Not far off, was expecting a well acted thriller and it delivered for the most part...a bit less exciting, the ending particularly, than what I hoped for maybe.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]