Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Hurricane Heist 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Hurricane Heist 
Keeping it Light

Post The Hurricane Heist

Quote:
The Hurricane Heist is a 2018 American heist action film directed by Rob Cohen and written by Jeff Dixon and Scott Windhauser. The film stars Toby Kebbell, Maggie Grace, Ryan Kwanten, Melissa Bolona and Ralph Ineson, who follows a band of thieves who plan to use a Category 5 hurricane to cover their tracks of a bank robbery.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:45 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Hurricane Heist
This has a decent movie plot but surprisingly the effects were crappy and Cohen is unable to build tension from storm settings. All the actors did fine and I found Grace the best of the all three leads. The ending in particular fails to impress.

4/10

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:50 am
Forum General

Kind of a dumb mindless flick, but I was entertained for the most part. The crappy CGI is what took me out of it the most though, but I was still surprised how much of it was actually practical. You could definitely tell it had a budget when it came to some of the action sequences which was nice. The performances are fine aswell, but I honestly find the villains to be more fun and engaging characters than Kebbell or Grace who are just so one note and paper thin.

C+

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:06 am
now we know

I saw this today at the cinema, and I thought it wasn't bad. It's obviously no Hard Rain in terms of heist or Daylight in terms of disaster, but Rob Cohen knows how to shoot a throwaway action scene. I didn't care that the CG was shoddy. Without a $250m budget, they had to use CG, and I think they did a commendable job. Kebbell and Grace have grown on me, and I don't care what anyone says, Ralph Ineson is always great to watch. He does a good villain. And the final truck sequence in the eye of the storm is exciting. I'm also not sure if that "eye of the storm" thing with it being a perfect sunny day surrounded by absolute carnage is true, but I didn't care. It was believable and enjoyable in the context of the movie. B

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]