Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Cured 

Rate this film:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Cured 
Keeping it Light

Post The Cured

Quote:
The Cured is a 2017 Irish horror film written and directed by David Freyne. It stars Ellen Page, Sam Keeley, and Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, and was screened in the Special Presentations section at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:04 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Cured
Its a fun take on the genre and I am sure there are a lot of similar concepts on small screen so I didn't read too much into some of the reviews stamped on the trailer. The movie is still good but the execution fails a fairly interesting script. The zombie scenes are all done well but the main storyline and Senan's internal struggles are only displayed through zombie grunts. Very impressed with Vaughan-Lawlor's take here whereas Page and Keeley are great as well. The movie brings the zombie excitement and social turmoil from outbreak but it fails to address the main conflict thus ends up short emotionally.

6/10

Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:14 pm
Forum General

Post Re: The Cured
Besides the ending I fucking loved this for the most part. It's such a different take on what's already a pretty stale genre and that alone is really refreshing. I was never a big fan of Zombie movies outside of a few exceptions, but this one did it for me for some reason. I thought it was equally intense and intriguing from start to finish. The zombie scenes are so incredibly well done too being the right amount of brutal and disturbing. The acting in this film is what really stands out though. Paige and Keeley are fantastic, but this entirely Tom Vaughan-Lawlor's show IMO. Never seen the guy in anything before besides him playing a CG character in IW, but between his performance in that and this I honestly think the dude has potential to be the next BIG breakout star personally. At least he deserves to be.

A-

Tue May 15, 2018 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]