Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Impetigore 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Impetigore 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Impetigore
Quote:
A city woman survives a brutal attack but is shocked to discover information about her n her family members from her attacker. Rather than getting scared or intrigued, she gets happy that she has inherited an old and dilapidated house in a far off village. In need of money to start off a business, she travels to the village to sell off the house along with her best friend. Unaware that people in her village has been plagued by a curse and she holds the answer to the curse.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Impetigore
Creepy, atmospheric and has great gore. It fails in the final reveal where it becomes a generic chase movie but whatever comes before that is great. I am also not a big fan of how things were revealed in a flashback where a good amount of movie is wasted in flashy cultural stuffs (but then again I know its required to lure target audience in masses). A very decent watch with a great story that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:46 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Impetigore
It's definitely stylish and I loved the atmosphere, but this director has done so much better IMO. Satan's Slaves, The Queen of Black Magic and The Forbidden Door are some of the best Indonesian horror films out there and I was expecting more of that here. I just didn't find it as scary, creepy or as suspenseful as the movies I just mentioned despite the fact that I really liked the opening scene and man is there something strangely alluring about Tara Basro.

C+

Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]