Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Fifty Shades Freed 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 2

Fifty Shades Freed 
Keeping it Light

Post Fifty Shades Freed

Quote:
Fifty Shades Freed is a 2018 American erotic romantic drama film directed by James Foley and written by Niall Leonard, based on the novel of the same name by E. L. James. It is the third and final installment in the Fifty Shades film series after Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) and Fifty Shades Darker (2017). The film stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan as Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey, respectively, and follows the newlywed couple as they must deal with the sins of their past when Ana's former boss (Eric Johnson) begins to stalk her.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:00 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Fifty Shades Freed
Definitely too long, but entertaining and hilarious in a way that the first two films also were. Dakota Johnson is once again solid (and her verbal takedown of Arielle Kebbel's character was amazing) and Jamie Dornan is once again bland as hell. Won't win any new fans but as someone who likes these movies in a guilty pleasure sort of way I enjoyed myself. B-

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:09 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

There could easily be a PG-13 version of this movie without sex scenes that's how useless this movie makes the biggest selling point of this franchise. The storyline is slightly better than part 2 but its much worse than (horrible) book this time IMO. First movie was much better than the book but the sequels fail to maintain the same depth. Dornan was slightly tolerable this time where as Johnson while better than rest is still not perfect (I hated the bank scenes where she is visibly fake crying and not acting).

Also the montage at the end almost shows nothing from this movie, its mostly first movie, goes to say a lot about this trilogy :P

4/10

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:56 pm
Extraordinary

Pretty meh.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:24 pm
now we know

Another crap-fest to round out the trilogy! Though not as bad the second film, it is still shockingly bad. As with the sequel, nothing changes. Nothing escalates. Sure, they get married and Ana gets pregnant, but nothing between the couple actually changes. He is still a stroppy teenager with serious issues, and she is still an idiot. The film is a bit of a mess, and when it turns into a kidnapping/ransom thriller is gets even more unintentionally hilarious. At least anything is better than hearing Dornan sing again!

D

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:45 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Fifty Shades of Grey D+
Fifty Shades Freed D
Fifty Shades Darker F

Might be the worst franchise ever made.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Yuk, well I guess they had to finish this trilogy and glad it's over. It improves in coherency over "Darker", but other than that it's more of the same trashy wishy-washy crap. For the first half I could find some amusement in it's cringe-worthy continuation of the Anna-Christian relationship, while dull it somewhat seems to at least know what it's doing there. When it tries to heighten the thrills with over the top kidnapping drama it just fails so miserably that I don't feel there's any excuses to be made for the film. Just awful.

F

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]