Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Maze Runner: The Death Cure 

Rate this film:
A 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

Maze Runner: The Death Cure 
Keeping it Light

Post Maze Runner: The Death Cure

Quote:
Maze Runner: The Death Cure (also known simply as The Death Cure) is a 2018 American dystopian science fiction action film directed by Wes Ball and written by T.S. Nowlin, based on the novel The Death Cure written by James Dashner. It is the sequel to the 2015 film Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials and the third and final installment in the Maze Runner film series. The film stars Dylan O'Brien, Kaya Scodelario, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Dexter Darden, Nathalie Emmanuel, Giancarlo Esposito, Aidan Gillen, Walton Goggins, Ki Hong Lee, Jacob Lofland, Katherine McNamara, Barry Pepper, Will Poulter, Rosa Salazar, and Patricia Clarkson.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:04 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Maze Runner: The Death Cure
Checks all the boxes but ends on a unsatisfactory note. I liked Part 1 but the sequels really brought it down to generic levels, maybe it was by design but the story just couldn't hold my interest anymore. Even the two key deaths towards the end don't leave an impact, plus the resolution is very open-ended for trilogy conclusion.

5/10

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:27 pm
Indiana Jones IV

this movie kicked all kinds of ass

surprisingly emotional

if the 62m budget is real then that is a Huge achievement

though I hope he is planning to administer that cure to more people have a colony bigger than 100 people.

better series overall than Hunger Games imo

hope Wes Ball gets bigger blockbusters to work on

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:50 pm
Pure Phase

I was surprised and impressed by this belated final entry in the Maze Runner trilogy. I mostly enjoyed the first two, but this is a cut above. Despite hardly remembering the plots of the first film and The Scorch Trials, I found myself newly drawn into the world building and the characters' journeys. Director Wes Ball executes several complex and truly exhilarating action sequences; the opening set piece, a type of train heist, exhibits an almost Fury Road-esque kineticism. And the always welcome Walton Goggins has a small, fun role as a hideously disfigured anarchist.

B+

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:29 am
Forum General

Man this was dull. Maybe it's because I'm just not invested in any of these characters, but I liked the first one quite a bit and that is still the best movie in the franchise IMO. I find it hard to believe this had the same budget as the last one considering it felt like they barely went anywhere in this movie. Sure there were some nice use of more practical effects when it came to the action sequences, but I didn't like how the entire second half took place in some empty, neon city that looked a lot like a set in Toronto somewhere. It just seemed really cheap to me and to make matters worse none of the deaths had much of an impact. I still think Dylan O'Brien has potential to be a solid action star, but uninteresting stuff like this won't do it.

C

Last edited by Dil on Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:39 pm
Pure Phase

Hm. I thought it seemed more expensive and ambitiously mounted than its predecessors. The train-heist set piece is incredible. And I found the futuristic city quite beautiful.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:41 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Wow, this was a blast. I actually think it was one of the stronger franchise closers I can think of in recent memory. The action sequences were excellent - it was basically a nonstop thrill ride. It also looked great and better than so many 100+ Million budget films. Incredibly entertaining. B+/A-

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:17 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Pundit

I really enjoyed this. I think this is my favorite YA series. I really like the whole cast, though Kaya Scodelario always seemed out of place?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:21 am
100% That Bitch

I am legit shook, this is everything a YA movie should be. may be my fave ending to a YA film series ever.

A

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:44 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

This has a great story but the execution is again so generic. It has a decent budget but it needed better handling than what it gets and the back-and-forth nature of the finale also doesn't go well. Some of the action should have happened in Part 2 or completely cut off. I did not hate it as much as last time specially because I was binging the series but Part 2 is still a little better.

B-

Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]