Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Assassination Nation 

Rate this film:
A 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Assassination Nation 
Keeping it Light

Post Assassination Nation

Quote:
Assassination Nation is a 2018 American thriller film written and directed by Sam Levinson. It stars Suki Waterhouse, Odessa Young, Hari Nef, Abra, Bella Thorne, Bill Skarsgård, Cody Christian, Joel McHale, Maude Apatow, Colman Domingo and Anika Noni Rose.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Assassination Nation
THE movie of Sundance, movie of the year, etc. I LOVED this movie. It is fucking awesome. It's the demented Mean Girls/ Spring Breakers / The Purge mashup you never knew you wanted. In addition to being wildly entertaining, action packed and unpredictable, it's also one of the most topical films I've seen in a while given the current climate we are living in. The performances from all the leads are great, particularly Odessa Young and Hari Nef who give star-making performances. And Joel McHale is great playing against type. The movie is so stylish too - I adored the cinematography, score, production design - everything just works. It builds and builds to a batshit crazy finale that will leave your jaw hanging on the floor. People were going crazy for this at the screening I attended and it got a ton of applause. It's one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in years. A

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:02 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

SO stoked for this to come out in two weeks. I hope it does decently.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:11 am
Profile YIM
Wallflower

I don't think it will do well but I can't wait for it. Trailer is attached to many prints of The Nun so that's great exposure for it. We got the red band one at my theater.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:25 am
Extraordinary

Oops, didn't notice there was a thread already.

I enjoyed this for the most part. The last act both turned me off and amused me at how ridiculous it gets, but it's really well shot and the lead actress was very good.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:12 pm
Wallflower

I loved it but don't know what I'd rate it yet. Didn't help that the 5 people I went with hated it. One girl in my group walked out halfway through as it was too much for her so her and her boyfriend sat in the lobby until it was over. So I felt kind of bad for dragging everyone to it which took away from my enjoyment somewhat. I am planning on seeing it again Tuesday and I'm expecting to have more of an idea of a rating.

Like Cory I also really enjoyed Odessa Young and Hari Nef. The home invasion sequence is so fantastic. Loved the last half hour. I would like the soundtrack too so wish they'd release one besides the score.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:06 am
Wallflower

Yeah this was even better the second time around. LOVED it. I hate that people are sleeping on this movie. Deserves to be doing better.

9/10 (A)

Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:29 am
Top Poster

Worst movie of the year. Fuck all the trolling fake positive reviews from the chan and hacker community upvoting all the fake online hype to trick people into seeing this shit.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Alex Y. wrote:
Worst movie of the year. Fuck all the trolling fake positive reviews from the chan and hacker community upvoting all the fake online hype to trick people into seeing this shit.

Umm ok lol.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:17 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I’m still mad this flopped. It’s brilliant and the coolest movie of the year so far.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:34 am
Profile YIM
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:
I’m still mad this flopped. It’s brilliant and the coolest movie of the year so far.

Agreed.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:48 pm
Forum General

Yeah I think this movie just wasn't for me. It's not badly made or badly acted, but I didn't give a shit about any of the characters and I found how the whole thing so ridiculous how it all went down even though I know its only a movie. It did get a bit more engaging once it got to the third act, because that's where all the violence and gore comes in, but I just wasn't all that invested in this movie for the first two thirds.

C-

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:54 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

This is probably in my top three of the year. I've been obsessed with it since January. The big Oscar movies this year only wish they took as many risks as this film. I can only hope it develops a cult following. For what it's worth a theater in NYC has been doing regular midnight screenings of it since it got released.

I have this on my Spotify playlist :funny:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:28 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

This is great and hugely underrated. The performances from all of the girls are great and it is very timely and exciting. The home invasion sequence is insane and one of the very best scenes of the year. I can't imagine this doesn't end up being a cult hit at some point, as long as people actually check it out. It's great and definitely in my top five of the year.

A

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Wallflower

I am really happy I got to see it twice in theaters but almost wish it were a Netflix movie so more people would have seen it. BUT then I wouldn't be able to own a physical copy so never mind. I wish it were just on there to stream now or soon so it would reach more people, but since it's NEON it will go to Hulu and not Netflix.

Still can not fucking believe the Sia/LSD song hasn't been released yet. I want it now!

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:12 am
The Kramer

This is the second best Purge movie and the first best Birds of Prey. The over-the-top style is off putting at first but it all comes around for the finale.

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]