Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Runaway Jury 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Runaway Jury 
Keeping it Light

Post Runaway Jury

Quote:
Runaway Jury is a 2003 American legal thriller film directed by Gary Fleder and starring John Cusack, Gene Hackman, Dustin Hoffman, and Rachel Weisz. It is an adaptation of John Grisham's 1996 novel The Runaway Jury.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:38 am
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Runaway Jury
Surprised there was no thread for this yet, and I thought I might have seen it before, but didn't remember anything about it when I saw it the other day.
Anyway, it's an enjoyable film. It's got quite the delightful cast, though none of them seem to be on their A-game, and there's just something about Grisham stories that makes them feel not very grounded. Though they're often plenty entertaining, they're not as impressive as the best films on the topic. This is very good though, Hackman, Hoffman, Weiss and Cusack are all nice too see on the screen and it's supporting cast is pretty solid too. There's a real nice 90's throwback to the film, guess it makes sense with the book it's based on having been released in 96. There's enough suspense and a well connected soundtrack to make this laid back legal/ political thriller a really good watch.

B+

Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]