Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Molly's Game 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8

Molly's Game 
Pure Phase

Post Molly's Game

Quote:
Molly's Game is a 2017 American crime drama film written and directed by Aaron Sorkin in his directorial debut, based upon the memoir Molly's Game: From Hollywood's Elite to Wall Street's Billionaire Boys Club, My High-Stakes Adventure in the World of Underground Poker by Molly Bloom.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:43 am
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Molly's Game
Molly's Game features a surprisingly inspiring underdog tale of a poor little rich girl who discovers whether justice rewards virtue, not to mention the roots of her daddy issues. It takes an uncommon moral courage to not rat out your friends/clients, especially in this age where squealing is a glorified virtue. Jessica Chastain is solid as always, though I wouldn't say this is her best work. The running time felt a little long, but not by much - I was definitely all in to see the outcome of Molly's Game. *A-*

Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:32 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Absolutely loved this. Jessica Chastain gives a tour de force performance which is actually maybe my favorite female performance of the year, and is equally matched by Idris Elba who is also brilliant. Kevin Costner also gives a really lovely performance here - his scene at the end was great. The script is crackling and hilarious and surprising. One of the year's best. A

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Lol at the poll being 1 F.

I thought this was great. Chastain is excellent and I wasn't bothered by the runtime at all since I was invested.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:09 am
Wallflower

Either my #2 or #3 of the year. I thought it was immensely entertaining. The script and Chastain are fantastic! Deserves a Best Costume and Best Makeup Oscar nomination, and of course Chastain deserves to be nominated. My favorite female performance of the year. She kills it!

9/10 (A)

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:20 pm
Forum General

Really enjoyed this. It likely won't make it into my top 10 of the year, but its a very well mad film with powerhouse performances from Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba. Kevin Costner has some standout scenes towards the end aswell. A pretty damn impressive directorial debut from Aaron Sorkin IMO and I definitely can't wait to see what he does next.

B+

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:30 pm
Keeping it Light

This is great, shot in a very Wolf of Wall Street / Big Short type way it's able to spar at the same level as them. Chastain is fantastic, loved Elba in one of his best roles since The Wire, and Michael Cera has a great small supporting role too. Film is nicely paced, putting on screen the right parts of the Molly Bloom story to make it a well directed piece. Class.

A-

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]