Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Bullet Head 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Bullet Head 
Keeping it Light

Post Bullet Head

Quote:
Oscar (R) winner Adrien Brody, John Malkovich, and Antonio Banderas deliver the action in this riveting crime story filled with pulse-pounding twists and turns.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:53 am
Forum General

Post Re: Bullet Head
I enjoyed this. For a DTV crime flick it's a lot better than it should be even though the director might be trying a bit too hard to replicate 90's Quentin Tarantino. Those scenes didn't really mesh well with the rest of the film IMO, but the cast makes it work. This has to be the best performance I have seen from Adrian Brody in some time which is kind of sad considering this isn't even a theatrical release, but it is what it is. I wasn't expecting much from Malkovich either, but he definitely isn't sleeping walking here and I ended up really liking his character, especially after you learn his backstory.

Rory Culkin gives the weakest performance of the three, but even he's still good and I believe the flashback sequence he has is going hit a lot of people hard, especially dog lovers. This film is essentially a weird amalgamation of Reservoir Dogs and Cujo, and while that shouldn't work it surprisingly does. Antonio Banderas's blatant, over the top, scenery chewing performance wasn't even enough to ruin it for me which has to be saying something lol.

B

Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]