Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Bee Movie 

What grade would you give this film?
A 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
D 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
F 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

Bee Movie 
Extraordinary

Post Bee Movie
Bee Movie

Quote:
Bee Movie is a 2007 computer animated family comedy film starring Jerry Seinfeld, Renée Zellweger, Matthew Broderick, Megan Mullally, John Goodman, Chris Rock, Kathy Bates, and Patrick Warburton. Produced by DreamWorks Animation, it is directed by Simon J. Smith and Steve Hickner.

Bee Movie is the first motion-picture script to be written by Seinfeld, who co-wrote it with Spike Feresten, Barry Marder, and Andy Robin. The film was produced by Jerry Seinfeld, Christina Steinberg and Cameron Stevning. The production was designed by Alex McDowell, and Christophe Lautrette was the art director. Nick Fletcher was the supervising editor and music for the film was composed by Rupert Gregson-Williams.

The cast and crew include some veterans of Seinfeld's long-running NBC sitcom Seinfeld, including writer/producers Feresten and Robin, and actors Michael Richards (Seinfeld character Cosmo Kramer), Patrick Warburton (Seinfeld character David Puddy), and Larry Miller (who plays the title character on the Seinfeld episode "The Doorman"). Coincidentally, NBC was host to the broadcast television premiere of the film on November 27, 2010.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:52 am
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Post Re: Bee Movie
Unfocused. Uneventful. Sometimes funny. Very talkative. Very few witty moments. I dont see how kids are gonna like it at all. C-

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:17 am
problem?

This was like.. a balance of retardedness and at only a few times, funniness. My 11 year old niece enjoyed it (and during the whole movie kept whispering, "This is so retarded/stupid. Hahahaz." My 6 year old niece, though, not so much. It was a bit too.. talky, with not a whole lot happening.

ImageImageImage out of Image

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:27 am
Forum General

This was a horrible movie.

I hated it.

Worst animation movie from dreamworks. Just slightly better than Drek 3.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:43 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

It's better than Ratatouille.

Yeah, you heard me.

B-

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:50 pm
Forum General

Zingaling wrote:
It's better than Ratatouille.

Yeah, you heard me.

B-

Gross.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:55 pm
College Boy Z

Let me correct myself.

I enjoyed it more than Ratatouille. It might not be "better" (the story in this film is pretty lame and often uninteresting) but it's about 300x more enjoyable.

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:59 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Zingaling wrote:
Let me correct myself.

I enjoyed it more than Ratatouille. It might not be "better" (the story in this film is pretty lame and often uninteresting) but it's about 300x more enjoyable.

agree with this, but it doesn't say much because ratastupid was horrible

Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:30 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

It was cute and entertaining. Nothing too deep or original, but I had a good time, and the animation was great.

B/B-

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:24 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Lots of cool insect stuff, but the whole dang thing just wasn't funny. I honestly didn't laugh out loud once, and only snickered a couple times - - this from a guy who involuntarily guffaws at parts of Seinfeld repeats I've already seen half a dozen times before.

Smart, but unfortunately dumb.

BAD.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:32 am
King Albert!

I thought the movie was hilarious. Not the strongest of stories, but it is very smart and witty.

Grade: A-/B+

Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

I liked it because of Seinfeld. The script (although about as paper thin as humanly possible) is somewhat clever as well as funny. Not everything is on the mark though. A good chunk of the jokes fall flat which is kind of surprising considering it's Seinfeld. And then we have the film's look. For the first time ever, Dreamworks Animation gets it right on the money. This is easily their best looking film to date. In addition to Seinfeld's very good voicework, his former Seinfeld co-star Patrick Warburton (Putty) puts in very good voicework here as well. His character is maybe the funniest thing in the movie.

Just like Fred Claus though, it's not really a kids movie. There aren't many jokes kids could relate to. Unless my mind was completely in the gutter (which is entirely possible) there was even a slight reference to what it would be like for a bee to orgasm. In a theater full of kids, it was a little weird to be the only one laughing at that. As a matter of fact, the only thing I really remember the kids laughing hysterically at was when the human's attorney (John Goodman) was in that baby seat thing.

I liked it though and that's all that matters.

B-

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:56 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Yeah, it just shows that most of the CG animation nowadays is not very good. This was just a slightly above avergae animted flick, mostly elevated by the great voice work of Renee Zellweger and pretty cool animation. The story itself and some of the scenes were simply retarded and too silly, even by kids movie standards. Bees helping a plane to land? Sorry, that's just too stupid.

There are some amusing scenes and the bee hive from the inside was prety well-done and quite inventive, but it definitely lacks the big laughs or engaging action scenes... That can be neglected if the story is great, but here it just isn't.

Thu May 22, 2008 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

A fun animated film, nothing more.

B

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I thought this was absolutely great. Not only clever but hilarious as well (laughed out loud a few times!) - definitely has Jerry's stamp all over it. And with lots of great Seinfeld moments, bee puns, and some awesome supporting turns (most notably from Chris Rock and Patrick Warburton), this film is a pleasure to sit back and be thoroughly entertained by. Ray Liotta was also incredible. It zips along chock full of rich animation, and not a moment is wasted in this lean, beautiful, colourful animated film for kids, and this amusing 'what-if' for adults.

Bee Movie is definitely in the top ten of the CG animated films ever made.

A-

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:36 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Ya like jazz?

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]