Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Professor Marston and the Wonder Women 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
F 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women 
Pure Phase

Post Professor Marston and the Wonder Women

Quote:
Professor Marston and the Wonder Women is a 2017 American biographical drama film about American psychologist William Moulton Marston, who created the fictional character Wonder Woman. The film, directed and written by Angela Robinson, stars Luke Evans as Marston, Rebecca Hall as his legal wife Elizabeth and Bella Heathcote as the Marstons' polyamorous life partner, Olive Byrne. JJ Feild, Oliver Platt and Connie Britton also feature.

The film premiered at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival and was released in the United States on October 13, 2017. It received positive reviews from critics, who praised Robinson's direction and the performances of its stars.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:58 pm
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Professor Marston and the Wonder Women
Professor Marston and the Wonder Women is well made film that swoons into its lush re-creation of this real life threesome. That their unusual relationship inspires a comic book sensation is perhaps the least surreal aspect of their story. The framing device is a little clunky, but the heart of the story beats true. *A-*

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:50 pm
Wallflower

Saw it today with a friend and we both loved it. Great performances. Particularly be Rebecca Hall and the lovely Bella Heathcote.

8/10 (A-)

Really wish it were doing better.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:57 am
Extraordinary

It’s like KINSEY and MASTERS OF SEX had a really disappointing child who wanted to win every Oscar and embarassed Mom and Dad.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

It worked very well for me as a case study for the love triangle but I didn't connect with the comic-book origins as much as I hoped I would. The three leads are amazing specially Rebecca Hall and Bella Heathcote though Luke Evans was also great. I loved the direction from Angela Robinson which was at times innovative specially the visuals to depict the Wonder Woman character but the script seemed unfocused specially in the middle half.

B+

Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]