Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Cult of Chucky 

Wanna play?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Cult of Chucky 
Extraordinary

Post Cult of Chucky
Cult of Chucky

Quote:
Confined to an asylum for the criminally insane for the past four years, Nica Pierce (Fiona Dourif) is erroneously convinced that she, not Chucky, murdered her entire family. But when her psychiatrist introduces a new therapeutic “tool” to facilitate his patients’ group sessions — an all-too-familiar “Good Guy” doll with an innocently smiling face — a string of grisly deaths begins to plague the asylum, and Nica starts to wonder if maybe she isn’t crazy after all. Andy Barclay (Alex Vincent), Chucky’s now-grown-up nemesis from the original Child’s Play, races to Nica’s aid. But to save her he’ll have to get past Tiffany (Oscar-nominee Jennifer Tilly), Chucky’s long-ago bride, who will do anything, no matter how deadly or depraved, to help her beloved devil doll.

Grade: B+

I liked this quite a bit.

It's a mind-fuck movie, and I had a lot of fun trying to figure out what was real and what wasn't. The ending manages to both be a really nice teaser for a future movie and a satisfying final note to end the whole series on.

I'd argue that CHILD'S PLAY, surprisingly, is the strongest of the long-running horror franchises. The lesser entries are either reasonably solid slashers (CHILD'S PLAY 3) or weirdly audacious even though their reach exceeds their grasp (SEED OF CHUCKY).

My ranking of the series as it'll stand for the next four or so years:

BRIDE OF CHUCKY
CHILD'S PLAY
CURSE OF CHUCKY
CULT OF CHUCKY
CHILD'S PLAY 2
SEED OF CHUCKY
CHILD'S PLAY 3

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:37 am
Forum General

Post Re: Cult of Chucky
I guess if you really liked Curse than you'll really enjoy this one as well, but for me it was honestly just more of the same. I pretty much felt the exact same way about it as I did that movie in that it's better than Seed and Child's Play 3, but far from Child's Play 1 and 2 and even Bride. I will say though that I wasn't expecting Chucky's plan this time around be as interesting as it was, especially when it gets to the second half and they let Dourif cut loose and have some real fun with it. What a missed opportunity not having Fiona Dourif just be the biological daughter of Charles Lee Ray though.

She looks so damn much like her father, and considering how this movie ends it would have made a lot more since IMO. Also, while it's cool that got Alex Vincent back for a bigger role they don't actually give him a whole lot to do, and as much as I hate saying this he isn't a very good actor either.

All that being said I would still see another one of these, especially after seeing how it ended and that post credit tease was highly amusing. Didn't see that one coming at all lol.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:20 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Cult of Chucky
I highly enjoyed this one. Thought it was a bit better than Curse of Chucky. And the bit during the end credits was awesome if you remember Child's Play 2. Has me looking forward to the next one, if they do another.

8/10 (B+)

Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]