Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Death of Stalin 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Death of Stalin 
Keeping it Light

Post The Death of Stalin

The Death of Stalin is a 2017 political satire film directed and co-written by Armando Iannucci. Based on the French graphic novel La mort de Staline, it depicts the Soviet power struggles following the death of dictator Joseph Stalin in 1953. It was released by eOne Films in the United Kingdom on 20 October 2017 and is set to be released in the United States by IFC Films on 9 March 2018.

The Death of Stalin was screened in the Platform section at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival and received critical acclaim. It caused controversy in Russia and many other former members of the Soviet Union, and was banned in Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Kazakhstan.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:29 am
Forum General

Post Re: The Death of Stalin
I surprisingly really enjoyed this. I remember seeing the trailer last year, but couldn't remember any of the gags which made even better. Tambor, Buscemi and Beale killed it, and I also enjoyed Rupert Fiend and Andrea Riseborough as Stalin's kids lol. Jason Isaacs brought a nice presence to the movie aswell.

B+

Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]