Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Wind River 

Rate This Film
A 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
C 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Wind River 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Wind River

Quote:
Wind River is a 2017 American thriller film written and directed by Taylor Sheridan. The film stars Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen as a US Fish and Wildlife Service agent and FBI agent, respectively, who try to solve a murder on the Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming.

It premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and was released on August 4, 2017, by The Weinstein Company.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:04 am
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Wind River
I got through the first half of Wind River thinking to myself: "Okay, this isn't great, but it is good." Sure, I was already tired of Jeremy Renner's character's grim little sermons to anyone who talks to him, yet I dug the low-key mystery vibe permeating the movie's style. However, by the end of the second half, I was over any good feelings I had - the director was unable to sustain what little the movie had going for it. *C*

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:27 am
Extraordinary

Whereas I loved it and think it might be my favorite film of the year. A

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:23 pm
Pure Phase

In Sicario and Hell or High Water screenwriter Taylor Sheridan's directorial debut, the rape and murder of a woman on Wyoming's Wind River Indian Reservation is investigated by a Fish & Wildlife hunter (Jeremy Renner) who knows the land and an FBI agent (Elizabeth Olsen) so in over her head she traveled from Nevada without a winter coat. A mystery, a meditation on paternal grief, and, to an extent, a treatise on harsh conditions on Indian reservations, Wind River is a disturbing, sturdily acted, and tightly constructed suspense film buoyed by its incredible location, a snow-swept expanse as beautiful as it is lonesome and cruel.

A-

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:41 pm
Extraordinary

WIND RIVER

I really liked the film overall but didn't love it. Jeremy Renner was very good and Elisabeth Olsen as well. I also like Graham Greene and Gil Birmingham. I loved the cinematography of the film and the atmosphere it created. It certainly had a few tense moments throughout the film especially during the final shootout. Now, I did like how the film flipped to show how events transpired that lead to the girl escaping but my problem with the film was the laziness of the event itself. I'm supposed to belief that a not one, not two but what I believe was five or six guys throwaway their careers because of one drunk guy which I doubt anyone liked. That was very weak. Now the action events when it gets back to present time was certainly exciting and intense but the idea of that gang being the reason for everything felt cheap. It's still a good film overall though.

Grade - B

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm
Cream of the Crop

The Dark Shape wrote:
I loved it and think it might be my favorite film of the year. A

Glad to hear it! I wish it had worked for me.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:16 am
Forum General

I fucking loved this. It's a slow, permeating build, but when it hits it hits hard. Everything from the cinematography, to the score and the acting is just top notch here. I'm not too familiar with Sheridan's work other than Sicario and Hell or High Water, but honestly as of right now I already know I enjoyed it more than either those movies which says something considering how great both are. This is easily the best performance I have seen from Renner in a very long time, and Magnus is right about how he nails the big scenes along with the quieter moments. Olsen is really solid as well, but their just isn't a whole lot to chew on when it comes to her character. Also, that whole confrontation at the trailer has to be my favorite scene in any movie this year. Not just the shootout either, but I loved that seamless transition where we find out exactly what happened with the girl and John Bernthahl's character. As far fetched as it might be it was still brutal and disturbing as hell.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:15 am
Extraordinary

Wow this was fantastic. Glad I saw it, didn't know anything about it.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:34 pm
now we know

Not a bad film. It reminded me a lot of The Pledge. It's also quite slow like that film too. Doesn't get going really until the hour mark, which then it is very good. Renner is great as the stoic hunter. Nobody else really stood out. I was surprised to see Jon Bernthal in it. The investigation did not grip me until the reveal, by which point the investigation part is over and it's just the resolution left to see. The music that plays the film out and runs over the credits is beautiful. I could not press stop until it had finished.

B

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

This is so good. A-

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 am
Profile YIM
Keeping it Light

Excellent film. Already loved Sheridan's writing and he proves he can direct too, great score and cinematography. He knows how to tell a story, crisp, engaging. There were a few moments when I found it getting a bit overly dramatic and the character's ages got on my mind too; Renner and his wife had a 16 year old daughter 3 years ago and they don't even look 40. Renner and Olsen are at their best though and the rest of the cast is filled out well too. This was a great time and I want to see Sheridan do more stuff.

A-

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]