Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Girls Trip 

Rate This Film
A 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

Girls Trip 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Girls Trip

Quote:
Girls Trip is an upcoming comedy film directed by Malcolm D. Lee. The film stars Regina Hall, Queen Latifah, Tiffany Haddish, Jada Pinkett Smith, Larenz Tate and Mike Colter and produced by Will Packer. The film is scheduled to be released on July 21, 2017 by Universal Pictures.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Girls Trip
predictable but fun. Tiffany Haddish give this thing so much energy, she has some very funny moments.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:22 am
Cream of the Crop

The sentimental parts of Girls Trip are pretty good! Unfortunately, the comedy rarely landed for me. Still nice to see the four leads working together. *B*

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:46 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was so fun and had its fair share of absolutely hilarious moments. The breakout star here is Tiffany Haddish. This woman is a comedic genius - she runs away with the entire movie and then some and I would fully support an awards campaign for her at the end of the year. The other three are also great and Kate Walsh is also fun in a supporting turn. It has a really sweet message and the end was even a bit tearjerking. My biggest complaint was that it was too long and had too many "concert footage" sequences. But that's a small price to pay when so much here works. A-

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:21 pm
Profile YIM
Hold the door!

This would have been really great with like a half hour shaved off the run time. As it is, it’s a well above average comedy with great performances from the four leads. I’d call Smith the weak link if I had to pick one. Haddish was great as long as she was going for someone who we were supposed to want to punch. It was surprisingly vulgar as well, going further with the raunch than most.

B+

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 pm
Extraordinary

GIRLS TRIP

I watched this opening day and the theatre was packed. The audience was probably 80-85% black. This was one of the most entertaining filmgoing experiences I got to attend. The crowd was crazy. The film had us all just laughing out loud multiple times, folks crying with laughter. It was quite the experience. This certainly enhanced my feeling of the film which I found extremely funny and entertaining. Haddish is a gem. All the ladies were good but she was the stand out. I would love to see some form of sequel to this. I'm just thinking of Kate Walsh now...now that scene in the club...this film is just crazy. I loved it. Need to buy it. The only demerit would be concerning the blu ray since the ladies did not do a commentary track for the film which is a travesty.

Grade - A

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:18 am
Star Trek XI

This movie deserves NOTHING less than a 10/10/A+! I absolutely loved it and it along with Baby Driver are my best 2017 movies. Tiffany is great but so is the rest of the cast, Regina Hall should have been nominated for an Oscar imo, her speech moved me almost to tears. Saw it twice in theaters, need to rewatch soon. Easily the best comedy of the last 5 years.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:19 pm
The Kramer

This was slow to get going, as most of the characters annoyed me at the beginning. They all won me over by the end though. Regina's complex fake marriage was not something I saw coming and it added a ton of depth to the rest of the preceedings. As I said, Haddish was annoying at first, and I don't understand why anybody would be friends with her, but she definitely has enough funny moments to make up for it.

B+/B

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]