Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Despicable Me 3 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Despicable Me 3 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Despicable Me 3

Quote:
Despicable Me 3 is a 2017 American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Illumination Entertainment and released by Universal Pictures. It is the third installment in the Despicable Me film series, and the sequel to Despicable Me 2 (2013). Directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda, and co-directed by Eric Guillon,[6] the film is written by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio and stars the voices of Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig and Trey Parker. It premiered on June 14, 2017 at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival, and is scheduled to be released in the United States on June 30, 2017 by Universal Pictures.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Despicable Me 3
DM3 continues Illumination's success formula with tons of visual brilliance, colorful and ever changing screens thrown at you over a semi-coherent but single line plot. This movie (again) shies away from any emotional core specially surprising is the fact that it didn't follow through the brother act that's highlighted so heavily in trailers. The cast is still impeccable, Carell as both Gru and Dru is great, so is Wiig and the rest of returning cast. Trey Parker as Balthazar Bratt is one of the most colorful and enjoyable villains I have ever seen. Minions continue their indecision about Gru's new lifestyle in this movie as well and are mostly ignored here. The brisk pace throughout makes it work but otherwise this is still devoid of LOL funny scenes here but that could also be the reason that the film doesn't give you a breather. Another good thing this time is that the girls are given a good time, they are very much as a part of the story and not just shoe-horned in for a few scenes.

Its a big step-up from disappointing DM2 and Minions but its still quite far from the original in terms of being funny or dealing with emotions.

6/10

Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:13 am
The Kramer

This movie starts pretty slow and I was worried about it. It picks up once Dru comes into the picture though ("You told me Dad died of disappointment on the day i was born!") With Dru it regains its heart and its fun to watch them bond. The minions are relagated to a Scrat-like side story in prison, but are always there when the movie needs a joke.

So while it may not live up to Despicable Me 2 and its rapid fire humor, DM3 is atleast on the level on the first with its balance of humor and "awww" moments. The end is great and I look forward to seeing this story continue.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:01 am
Extraordinary

Surprisingly weak, but I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise considering how mediocre (or bad, TSLOP) their recent efforts have been. The story (even though there's a lot going on) isn't strong as it's not involving.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:00 pm
Superman: The Movie

Kids 12 and under might enjoy it, but for everyone else...

Harmless, but I think I chuckled twice. The original and the second one, while far from Pixar's greats, at least was involving. Here the subplots are Gru (who just lost his job) and Dru, the littlest girl trying to capture a unicorn, Wiig trying to become a good stepmom, the Minions in prison, and Balthazar Bratt trying to get (repeatedly) the world's most expensive diamond because he's an angry child actor. There's some potential with at least a couple of those, but the film does nothing with them. It's just lazy.

It is great to look at though.

C

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Despicable Me 3 is Illumination's third best movie but that doesn't say much.

It's decent, but it's a big comedown from 1 and 2. Mainly because the characters don't have enough to do. They barely interact with each other. The girls and Lucy are completely separate and feel inconsequential, as do the Minions. I did like Gru and Dru, but Balthazar Bratt was dull. Illumination is in a really bad rut that does not look to get any better with Pets, Sing and Minions 2 on the horizon.

B-

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]